Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Lyndell Racing brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lyndell Racing brake pads

We changed my rear pads to these and now the brakes are worse than ever! No stop even going really slow. My worn out HD pads were better than these.

What's up??? I know several of you have changed to these.

Thanks,
Joan

Old 01-28-2012, 02:01 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master

try deglazing the rotor with some sandpaper not to rough just scuff it up so the new pads can seat so to speak

Old 01-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Originally Posted by colonelangus1
try deglazing the rotor with some sandpaper not to rough just scuff it up so the new pads can seat so to speak
Hubby said he did that. Maybe not enough?

Old 01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
marines267
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
We changed my rear pads to these and now the brakes are worse than ever! No stop even going really slow. My worn out HD pads were better than these.

What's up??? I know several of you have changed to these.

Thanks,
Joan
I changed my pads to the same ones. After doing it I wish I had stayed with the HD pads they seamed to stop a lot better than the lyndall

Old 01-29-2012, 03:01 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I have a little over 7,000 miles on my set of Lyndall rears and I haven't noticed any stopping issues, I pulled a trailer most of the 7,000 miles also. If they don't get better with a couple hundred miles on them you could get in touch with Lyndall and see what they suggest.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:06 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very happy with my Lyndall brake pads. I do think they are better than the HD pads.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I am very happy with my Lyndall brake pads. I do think they are better than the HD pads.
How long did it take to break them in? Or did they stop better from the beginning? I kid you not, I pulled into my long driveway yesterday and put rear brake on and it took me half way down the drive to "roll" to a stop. I don't even think the brake had anything to do with it. I tested them again, this time pushing as hard as I could. Same thing. Don't get me wrong, the HD ones were wore slam out, but they did hold me at a stop light.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Hubby said he did that. Maybe not enough?
I've had the lesser brand of Lyndall pads on my two-wheeler and had to scuff the pads. Also, icebite1 had Lyndall drill and chamfer holes in his rotors that has alleviated fade problem. Just a thought.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:33 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

How long did it take to break them in? Or did they stop better from the beginning? I kid you not, I pulled into my long driveway yesterday and put rear brake on and it took me half way down the drive to "roll" to a stop. I don't even think the brake had anything to do with it. I tested them again, this time pushing as hard as I could. Same thing. Don't get me wrong, the HD ones were wore slam out, but they did hold me at a stop light.

I would give them a couple hundred miles of some stop & go and see if that helps. In all honesty I don't use a large amount of rear brake so I might not have noticed any issues early on with mine. You could also try scuffing them like Boom suggested.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:51 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didnt notice any real improvement when i first put on the LBR Gold+ pads but certainly not less. After having the rotors drilled is when it was noticably better.
Possibly deglaze again and then use a brake cleaner, im assuming you are using the old rotors if so did you check the rotor thickness.

Quick Reply: Lyndell Racing brake pads