Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New tech at the local shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 06:48 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default New tech at the local shop

Took Arleen's Tri in yesterday to get Santa's heated grips installed.

They have a new tech there that has been to HD's TriGlide school and is considered an expert when it comes to trikes. Hope she is as good and her credentials indicate. It will be nice to have a tech that really knows and understands trike issues.

Bill

Last edited by billnourse; 12-28-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by billnourse
Took Arleen's Tri in yesterday to get Santa's heated grips installed.

They have a new tech there that has been to HD's TriGlide school and is considered an expert when it comes to trikes. Hope she is as good and her credentials indicate. It will be nice to have a tech that really knows and understands trike issues.

Bill
Stay on top of things until you get a feel for her competence. The dealer I used to do business with had a tech who was supposed to be the bomb when it came to trikes, I learned he was sloppy ( Loose Bolts) and he felt Harley Davidsons service procedures were a waste of his time.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:12 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Stay on top of things until you get a feel for her competence. The dealer I used to do business with had a tech who was supposed to be the bomb when it came to trikes, I learned he was sloppy ( Loose Bolts) and he felt Harley Davidsons service procedures were a waste of his time.
I always reserve judgement until people prove themselves, but having talked to her, I am impressed. Could change, but I'm hoping she will be as good at trikes as the tech that works on my two wheeler is on two wheelers.

I am confident that if she is not competent she will not be at the dealership very long. They are big on customer service and people that are not up to standards don't last long.

Bill

Last edited by billnourse; 12-28-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by billnourse
I always reserve judgement until people prove themselves, but having talked to her, I am impressed. Could change, but I'm hoping she will be as good at trikes as the tech that works on my two wheeler is on two wheelers.

I am confident that if she is not competent she will not be at the dealership very long. They are big on customer service and people that are not up to standards don't last long.

Bill
Good dealers and service techs are hard to find. I hope you have both.