Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Trike Rear Fender Bra

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barbara,

What do you do when you wash your bike? Do you have to remove all the bras?

I really want a fender bra, but hubby doesn't want me to get them, because of the paint issue.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 142 Posts

I have the 3-M film sold by the MOCO and I have had absolutely no issues with it since I bought the trike in May. I like the fact that they are damn near invisible to the nekid eye and I have to do nothing to em when I wash the trike.

Bubba

Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
Barbara,

This can go so many places but I'll behave. I know any automotive bras I've looked at have always said to remove when washing the car, you can wash containments under than which will cause scratching of your paint.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 PM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser

I'm personally not a bra fan (yup - read that any way you wish).

It's seems like the cure they provide is worse than living with the disease.

We have a small two-seater, and it's got a goodly share of nicks, rock chips and dings on the front. Having seen the same model with a bra and it's fading, scratching, and fugly looks, I'll just get the nose repainted in a couple years.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Barbara,

I'm staying out of this one. I will still maintain though that I like the 3M film.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Barbara,

I really want a fender bra, but hubby doesn't want me to get them, because of the paint issue.
LOL....loaded question IHP!! I only have the tank bra on now...no problem with washing (don't put alot of soap/water on the tanks, so no run-off....just how much dirt, grime, etc do you think gets under that? Same with the fender bra. Isn't like the wind is going to blow backwards under the fender bra!! Duh?

What paint issues? Would probably not be my lifetime that the paint would get scratched from the fender or fairing bra...don't get the reasoning.

Sometimes I go bra-less....but the TG does not!

Last edited by BinIdaho; 11-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:19 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
That I can understand. Gosh, I am really having a hard time being GOOD.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

That's the whole problem here. Hubby would prefer I go braless. Any excuse will do!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:29 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
LOL....loaded question IHP!! I only have the tank bra on now...no problem with washing (don't put alot of soap/water on the tanks, so no run-off....just how much dirt, grime, etc do you think gets under that? Same with the fender bra. Isn't like the wind is going to blow backwards under the fender bra!! Duh?

What paint issues? Would probably not be my lifetime that the paint would get scratched from the fender or fairing bra...don't get the reasoning.

Depending on where you ride you'd be surprised at the crud you can pick up. In 2009 my dad and I along with a friend took a trip to Maine, it rained almost every day. The down side of the trip happened when we came to a sign that said pavement ends, it was raining at the time. The rain created a 2 mile section of muddy dirt road, we all had mud everywhere including the gas tank. Heck even my GPS screen had spots of mud and grime on it. I had the Harley tank bra on a Sportster I used to own, I took the bra off one day to find quite a bit of scuffing. I had to break out the buffer and some polishing compound to get the marks out.

The only bra I've heard of that hasn't left a mark is the fairing bra. One of the guys at work had one on a Harley Bagger he bought, there wasn't any marks on the paint when he took it off to check.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 PM
roger scarcliff
Advanced

My experience with the fender bra. Make sure that both bras are snug on the fender. The right side was a little loose and after awhile the right side did come off while i was going down the street. Fixed that problem with some 3M velcro. Second, the bra will not scratch the paint. It will however mar the clear coat finish. I'm thinking that can be buffed out. I had a couple of chips on the fenders and was not certain if the clear plastic film would adhere correctly, so I went with the bra. I think it looks good and it is better than those ugly looking chips in the paint. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Trike Rear Fender Bra