Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Doubt about trikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Hattori
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doubt about trikes

Hello everyone.

I´m Hattori. I have already presented I'm from Barcelona, Spain, and I wanted to do a query. I am a big fan of trikes, especially Harley Davidson, although I have no trike. Here in Spain is often treated as if only trikes could be used by people with physical problems or those to whom they fear the two wheels, but I think that's wrong, which a trike is a type of other vehicles, as respectable as a car or two-wheeled motorcycle.

What do you think you of the trike?

What do you think about the opinion of the trikes in Spain?

bye, and thank you!!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser

Sorry, I simply don't know anything about Spanish sensibilities with motorcycles and trikes. If you're worried people will look down on you or consider you a cripple (as if that's a crime) for owning/riding a trike, then you'd best protect your ego and not get one.

I am very healthy (thanks be to God), and could easily ride around on a two-wheeler. My wife and I chose a trike. It has great over-the-road stability, handles well, and makes her feel more comfortable. It works for us.

No one has overtly ridiculed me for having a trike, and I wouldn't be bothered if they did. I am a 50+ year old retired veteran with all the blessings the good Lord has given me and my wife: a couple homes, two great kids, and now four wonderful grandkids. I could have chosen any vehicle I wanted. We already have a neat two-seat convertible. I didn't buy my trike to prove anything to anyone. I bought it for us to enjoy.

It always depends on the vehicle's intended use. If you want to tour, see the sights, and enjoy the stability of the trike platform, it's perfect. If you want to be a hit with the lay-deez at the local boozer, perhaps it doesn't give off the proper vibe.

In fact, I find myself engaged in a conversation with a curious motorist on onlooker at nearly every gas stop and lunch place where I park. Over here, all the dealers I have spoken to say they can't even keep them in stock, and all are sold before they arrive at the dealer's shop.

Sadly, I have no advice for you, my friend. It sounds more like a cultural issue, and an understanding of YOUR intended use for the machine. Having been all around Europe EXCEPT Spain, I simply am in no position to say anything of value about your concerns.

Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Taylor

Last edited by TaylorMcStrat; 10-12-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Hattori
6th Gear

I believe that the people can think what wants. What I want to say is that here, in Spain, the people do not deal because a person prefers a trike to a motorcycle. I am of the few ones that defend the trikes as vehicles so cost to roll as a motorcycle or a car. I want to use the trike as vehicle by day a day.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

You should do what you want! Why would a trike not be considered a vehicle of choice?

We have our "click" of people who think the same as you have encountered. The popularity of the trikes in the USA in the last few years is putting a damper on their thoughts.

Just like buying a car, truck, horse, whatever.....you get what you like and it is nobody else's business. I bet if you were to get a trike, you would be the center of attention and before you know it, you will be in a sea of trikes. People LOVE being the center of attention and not necessarily following the crowd. Good luck and I hope you will follow your heart and dreams.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Who cares what anyone thinks. What matters is what you think. I like trikes. I like those reverse trike can-am spyders too. I like metric bikes,mustangs and chevy trucks. All that matters is how you feel about em and how you feel when riding em.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

I am not certain, but this thread seems like someone is punking you and pulling your trike chain a little...maybe a troll. Come to a trike forum and ask what you think about riding trikes and make it sound like they are a sissy type or handicap motorcycle....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 04:26 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dawg
I am not certain, but this thread seems like someone is punking you and pulling your trike chain a little...maybe a troll. Come to a trike forum and ask what you think about riding trikes and make it sound like they are a sissy type or handicap motorcycle....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
I think you may be right.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Hattori
6th Gear

Shredding rubber & Ironhorsepilot:

I am grateful for your words to you. Always it is good to know that they think the "trikers" of another side of the ocean.

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dawg
I am not doing the troll. I am totally sincere. If they want, they can read my post on trikes in www.foroharley.com of Spain with the same nick, and see that I am of few persons who defend the trikes in Spain.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 AM
jim gallo
Cruiser

ride what you like and don't worry about what other people think. i traded a soaftail for the trike and love it and wish i had done it sooner.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:33 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scooter's and MoPeds

I would not worry about being insecure on a Harley Trike in a country full of Vespa's and Mopeds!

Quick Reply: Doubt about trikes