Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Sirius Satellite Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by billnourse
We have factory HC XM modules on the Tri and the Limited. They are great. No exteral wiring and everything works through the radio.

Antenna under the fairing, and it does sonetimes lose signal, juist like the ones in the 4 wheelers.

Bill
Same with my HC XM module

Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 AM
HarleyGirl60174
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Sirius on my trike and I have listened to it from Illinois to the east coast and west coast without dropping a station. I couldn't live without it.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 AM
bootshd
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have got Sirius XM in my Jeep and love it, went from NJ to Moab, UT. with no loss of station.

Now, what can I buy to get Sirius XM on my Tri-Glide. By the way I don't want something I have to mount on my bars. I would like it to be hidden from view.......

Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have SiriusXM through a mobile device. I had the antenna run from a box on my handlebar I have to the same Harley SiriusXM antenna spot inside the fairing. The signal goes out if you go under tall trees with a lot of foliage. The signal does not go out often and when it has it comes right back within seconds. I think the integrated module however would be best if you have the money because you use the existing controls to handle changing channels and volume, whereas I have to let go of a handlebar to change my channels. Other than that, it's been awesome with high quality tunes for my rides.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bootshd
I have got Sirius XM in my Jeep and love it, went from NJ to Moab, UT. with no loss of station.

Now, what can I buy to get Sirius XM on my Tri-Glide. By the way I don't want something I have to mount on my bars. I would like it to be hidden from view.......
Get the HD Sirius/XM and have installed on your existing radio. I had a portable device and it was a PITA. I pay $9.99/mo. for music only...no special rate.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Roy D Route
Cruiser

I have Sirius in my truck and for $4 more a month I get it on my iPhone. I mount the phone on my handlebars and play it through an FM interface onto my radio. The interface also has a USB port so I can charge the phone as I roll. Works great and I drove from Cleveland to Austin without losing reception. Probably only get Willie's station out in West Texas however.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Sagido
Tourer

I have a Zumo 665 with an antenna the size of a hockey puck mounted UNDER the fairing cap. Reception is poor at best. I live in the Anthracite Coal Region of Pennsylvania, so plenty of hills to deal with. Reception is in and out, frustrating. Now I listen to MP3s through the GPS. There may be better devices out there, but the HOCKEY PUCK antenna is not it.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Skeet7373
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Zumo 665 has the hockey puck antenna under the fairing. When it was installed, it could not keep a signal for a few minutes at a time then stay off. When it got close to the end of the free trial (90) days, the dealer finally moved the antenna under the fairing to I do not know where. The XM finally got a signal for a few days then the trial went off. I could not get them to give me any discounts since I have XM in my truck. So when it runs out in March, I may not sign back up, but I'll miss that music in my truck.

A good friend has used his Sirius radio head for years on two different bikes, (over 265,000 miles) plus he gets all NASCAR. He made himself a bracket to mount the antenna, a Ram mount for the radio head and uses a baggie when it rains....go figure. He said he has never had an issue with his set up and the music goes thru the radio (Biketronics). Karen

Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Just before it runs out, call to cancel your service. They will send you directly to the "retention" department. Tell them you don't want to pay their huge renew service bill and you want to cancel... they will offer you a promotion right there on the spot.

Just did mine. After calling them several times to get a promotional rate and being declined I had enough and called to cancel all of our XM/Sirus accounts. They gave me a $86 promotion plus junk fees.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
ohioflhs
Road Warrior

Received 231 Likes on 161 Posts

I have a portable Sirius unit mounted on my handlebar. Recently put the antenna inside the fairing. It now only works if I am going east or west. North and south it does not work. the antenna will have to be moved back out into the open to get my reception back.

Quick Reply: Sirius Satellite Radio?