Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Airhawk Motor Cycle Seat Cushion

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,144 Likes on 3,668 Posts

I sell medical cushions and have read up on all the different ones...The Airhawk is made by ROHO and works great but like another said it crowds the jewels....The freedom air cushion looks like it would alleviate this problem...Don't get me wrong i like my Airhawk and won't get rid of it but the freedom one looks like a great addition to the nice products we can get for our bikes.
As i have said before fitness is the key...If you are fit and not overweight the distance you can put in the saddle is increased...I was having problems with short distance pain and started going to the gym and it helped tremendously, i had to stop due to an injury and i will admit "Lazyness" i need to start going again...
The circulator seat pad from Harley seems to be a good product and would help keep the but cooler a bit.

Last edited by Notgrownup; 06-28-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 PM
ON-3
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use the seat pad from American Motorcycle Specialties (http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm). It's a gel pad with memory foam covered with sheepskin; use it on the Tri and the Burgman. It adds a little bit of height but I've got long legs. $127.00 shipped.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
bullet 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought mine from Eastern Performance sells airhawk cushions.$ 130.00. Like it for long trips.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:07 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,233 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by zoood
Im also looking for a seat modification that will be comfortable for my light weight butt. I see others posting what works for them. However there's some things they need to post along with their results. Their body weight for one. This is a main factor. Ive tried the beaded seat, Got it at Walmart for 20.00 bucks. In a half hour. My butt couldnt stand the ball bearing impressions I was getting. Tight turns on my trike and the beads acted like my butt was on ball bearings and wanted to roll out of the seat. The most uncomfortable feeling I'm getting from any seat arrangement. Is sweating! The dreaded monkey butt! An hour into any ride and my butt is not getting the required circulation and goes dead, along with severe sweating. The fur covered gel seat pad doesnt help this at all. If I lift my bottom above the seat. Even just for a short moment. Allowing air flow underneath. Feeling an air flow. This helps dramatically. I've a few things Ill be modifying on my trike and one of them is for my sweaty numb butt. Ive an idea and will do an experiment. If it works. I'll share my hopeful cure.

zoood
Have you tried a sheepskin? Cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 06-29-2011, 04:21 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Have you tried a sheepskin? Cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter.
+1 on the sheepskin.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:23 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Double Up

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
+1 on the sheepskin.
Thinking maybe the Airhawk plus the sheepskin! Should help with the bone to seat pain plus wick away some moisture! Be a pain taking it off at every stop though but just for long trips, it might work out well!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:16 AM
apx07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zoood
Im also looking for a seat modification that will be comfortable for my light weight butt. I see others posting what works for them. However there's some things they need to post along with their results. Their body weight for one. This is a main factor. Ive tried the beaded seat, Got it at Walmart for 20.00 bucks. In a half hour. My butt couldnt stand the ball bearing impressions I was getting. Tight turns on my trike and the beads acted like my butt was on ball bearings and wanted to roll out of the seat. The most uncomfortable feeling I'm getting from any seat arrangement. Is sweating! The dreaded monkey butt! An hour into any ride and my butt is not getting the required circulation and goes dead, along with severe sweating. The fur covered gel seat pad doesnt help this at all. If I lift my bottom above the seat. Even just for a short moment. Allowing air flow underneath. Feeling an air flow. This helps dramatically. I've a few things Ill be modifying on my trike and one of them is for my sweaty numb butt. Ive an idea and will do an experiment. If it works. I'll share my hopeful cure.

zoood
Zoood. Have you tried the HD Circulator seat pads? Made to get some air under ya butt. I found them great for longer rides. They are thin and don't offer padding, but still improve comfort. Cheers, Apx07

Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
BearNVa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine has one on his Vulcan and it feels SOOOOOOOOO good!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,233 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Thinking maybe the Airhawk plus the sheepskin! Should help with the bone to seat pain plus wick away some moisture! Be a pain taking it off at every stop though but just for long trips, it might work out well!
My experience with the sheepskin is that it lets airflow, similar to the beads.

On my last three baggers have had a riders backrest and cut a slot in the sheepskin and put the riders backrest thru it. Same skin covered the rider and passenger seat and was "secured" by the rider backrest.

We keep a plastic bag with us, and if it looks like it's gonna rain just bunch up the skin around the riders backrest and slip the plastic bag over it.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
If I am traveling with the sheepskin I only take it off at night when we are done riding or if it starts raining. I know I am going to use it when M3 and I leave for Yellowstone on Friday.

Quick Reply: Airhawk Motor Cycle Seat Cushion