Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Mv Trike rally reports

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:43 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We just got home also, great meeting everyone.
Wife got 38.5mpg riding just the Blue Ridge and MV area.
The Museum was AWSOME, had to go around twice and was still amazed.
I certainly hope OM's crutch wasnt too tall for him, hate to hear of a back up flow.(that would be worse than a bad boot day)
Great time even without the rootbeer.

Last edited by icebite1; 06-27-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Speaking of Rally Reports.

Mileage check up there, riding in the mountains, easy and hard riding through the twisties and the ride back... 40.1 MPG for me.

Yes I too found it hard to believe but this is for real. I filled up just up the street from the house. Saving all of my receipts and filled up again at the same station coming home. Used B mileage on the speedo for the trip. Added the receipt gallons and did the math.

Ted, another trike rider up there, got the same while riding the twisties on a 300 mile day so I'm not the only one. Anyone else have a good gas day?
No good gas days, I got 25 mpg on the one tank I checked while coming home. Considering I was running 70 - 75 mph plus pulling the trailer I can't complain.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by icebite1
We just got home also, great meeting everyone.
Wife got 38.5mpg riding just the Blue Ridge and MV area.
The Museum was AWSOME, had to go around twice and was still amazed.
I certainly hope OM's crutch wasnt too tall for him, hate to hear of a back up flow.(that would be worse than a bad boot day)
Great time even without the rootbeer.
I'm just going to have to make it longer. One size does not fit all.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just got home. It was a hot one coming home. We stopped in Danville, Va last night as my butt was killing me. Came the rest of the way today. Had a wonderful time up there and I am so glad I got to meet you guys! I see a mustang seat in my near future, plus new pull back risers. It was 107* when we pulled in at 2:30 pm today.
Barbara, I am not sure what Mike is referring to.....maybe tshirts? because I kept winning them right after I bought a bunch at the museum.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
Hey guys, just got home. It was a hot one coming home. We stopped in Danville, Va last night as my butt was killing me. Came the rest of the way today. Had a wonderful time up there and I am so glad I got to meet you guys! I see a mustang seat in my near future, plus new pull back risers. It was 107* when we pulled in at 2:30 pm today.
Barbara, I am not sure what Mike is referring to.....maybe tshirts? because I kept winning them right after I bought a bunch at the museum.
IHP....Ah, tee shirts I have plenty of!! Whew, I was getting worried it was something I didn't have (lol).

Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:35 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wet Shoe Preventer

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
IHP....Ah, tee shirts I have plenty of!! Whew, I was getting worried it was something I didn't have (lol).

Glad you made it home safe and sound.
You are getting warmer! Gag auction donation, since it is more of a have to have been there visual thing people will be scratching their heads over these post for months. One of piece of craftsmanship that is a woodworkers masterpiece! Has special male utility applications. You would have to see it to understand it, then you would need therapy!...

Old 06-29-2011, 03:24 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. The bars and a good seat will make a world of difference.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Seat Cushion

It seems the iron butt is becoming a problem with a lot of us, or lack of! Check out the Roho Airhawk Motorcycle seat cushion thread, we are kicking it around and trying to come up with something that works. They make bed covers for hospitals "alliviate bed sores" and wheel chair pads for people that have to sit in them long term! I see some good reviews and alternatives. I won't need the pull back bars but something has to give on the saddle, the OEM ain't making it and I can't see spending $700 bucks on a Corbin or Mustang seat that may not work!

I am buying an Airhawk for the truck first, I see where people buy them for office chairs that have to spend a lot of time at their computers. If it works for the auto may try on the Trike!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
The Maggie Valley Restaurant was a great place to eat. Missed you. Never did get any of the promiesd Diet Root Beer.
I've recently come into possession of this secrete spy photo of Coupe. Looks like he road to the Blue Ridge parkway so he could drink all the Root Beer.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Busted

Originally Posted by msocko3
I've recently come into possession of this secrete spy photo of Coupe. Looks like he road to the Blue Ridge parkway so he could drink all the Root Beer.

I shoulda got that shock lift kit before MV, that tail end draggin from the load got me followed I see...

I'm tellin ya, I was framed...lol

Quick Reply: Mv Trike rally reports