Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Mv Trike rally reports

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Was the first thing I hit when walking in the door.... PoP, Fizzzzz, Ahhhhhhh

Old 06-27-2011, 08:03 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

??? Alca Seltzer ? LOL
We left Sunday, arrived home Sunday evening.

zoood

Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
No Diet Root Beer Barbara. I was awful thirsty for some. I promised not to tell you what Jean bought but she bought soooooooo much some of it she had to have shipped home.
Diet Root Beer

Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The first thing I hit when I got there was the head and then the coffee pot to refill.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:51 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
The first thing I hit when I got there was the head and then the coffee pot to refill.
Ill bet a root beer that you used that boot protector too. LMAO

Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remember

Originally Posted by zoood
Ill bet a root beer that you used that boot protector too. LMAO
What happened in the Valley stays in the Valley...
I know you are referring to him not wanting to get his feet wet, so I super glued his lower fairing doors shut before he headed back home in the rain.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Speaking of Rally Reports.

Mileage check up there, riding in the mountains, easy and hard riding through the twisties and the ride back... 40.1 MPG for me.

Yes I too found it hard to believe but this is for real. I filled up just up the street from the house. Saving all of my receipts and filled up again at the same station coming home. Used B mileage on the speedo for the trip. Added the receipt gallons and did the math.

Ted, another trike rider up there, got the same while riding the twisties on a 300 mile day so I'm not the only one. Anyone else have a good gas day?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Run in the Pulley

Speaking of Rally Reports.

Mileage check up there, riding in the mountains, easy and hard riding through the twisties and the ride back... 40.1 MPG for me.

Yes I too found it hard to believe but this is for real. I filled up just up the street from the house. Saving all of my receipts and filled up again at the same station coming home. Used B mileage on the speedo for the trip. Added the receipt gallons and did the math.

Ted, another trike rider up there, got the same while riding the twisties on a 300 mile day so I'm not the only one. Anyone else have a good gas day?
I got to check out the new pulley on some hard pulls, I believe I'm done! I had some suspect gas from an old gas station that still had the mechanical read outs. The Tri was a little sluggish the first day. I topped off with some 93 in the Valley and went back out Saturday. The Trike Two Up is much better now with the 30T now. I may still get bored and go with the tripple nickel cams this winter but could actually live with it the way it is. Any time I get to ride the Blueridge I am having a good day but the weather was perfect Saturday and it was one to remember...

Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by coupe55
What happened in the Valley stays in the Valley...
I know you are referring to him not wanting to get his feet wet, so I super glued his lower fairing doors shut before he headed back home in the rain.
Actually no. I was referring about the wooden crutch looking contraption that not only protects his boots from getting wet. But also aids his aim at the toilet. LOL

Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Missed the clue!

Originally Posted by zoood
Actually no. I was referring about the wooden crutch looking contraption that not only protects his boots from getting wet. But also aids his aim at the toilet. LOL
that was part of the what happens in the valley stays in the valley, must have missed the hint on that one....The gag gift plays well when you are there but loses something in translation sometimes... I'm sure everyone is ok with it though!

The auction was a nice touch! Well planned event overall and it was good getting to meet everyone!

Quick Reply: Mv Trike rally reports