Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TG rear wheel removal......

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation TG rear wheel removal......

Could you scan the page(s) concerning the removal and installation of rear fenders. Need to know if MoCo says to remove wheels prior to doing so.

If so I would like a copy of that page.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 06-02-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way those wheels are tucked under the fenders, I can't imagine not removing the wheels to get at fender bolts. Just curious, are you removing the fenders to install beading between fender and body?

Old 05-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior

Coping and SELLING them would be illegal. I only need a copy of one page.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 06-02-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Boom
The way those wheels are tucked under the fenders, I can't imagine not removing the wheels to get at fender bolts. Just curious, are you removing the fenders to install beading between fender and body?

Can not go into details at this time Boom, but I too can not believe those could be removed with out taking the wheels off either.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:55 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Later on today when I go down to my garage I will look up how to remove the fenders and let you know if you have to take the wheels off. If necessary I will scan the pages and send them to you by e-mail.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior

Thanks!

I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Page 2-27, section 2.11, of the 2010 Trike Service Supplement states to "Remove rear wheel" in step 1 of Removal section.
Sorry, I don't have a scanner.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:45 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boom
Page 2-27, section 2.11, of the 2010 Trike Service Supplement states to "Remove rear wheel" in step 1 of Removal section.
Sorry, I don't have a scanner.
Boom: I do have a scanner and I will help out another triker. But as previously posted buying a manual is essential.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Boom: I do have a scanner and I will help out another triker. But as previously posted buying a manual is essential.
Yes and no. Since I won't be doing much of any real technical work such as tearing the bike apart it would not be worth the money spent any longer. I had the shop manuals for my prior bikes, but I am no longer able to do much in the way of mechanical work any longer. But as you already are aware (others will be in a minute) my request was more for research reference than the actual mechanical use.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Default What happens when a wheel comes off unexpectedly

Wish i could figure out how to download images from my PC right to this forum.

Anywho, was a ride for the faint of heart. I shot across two lanes of I35. Luck was on my side as there was no one behind me.

With in a very short distance of time and travel I went from a slight wobble in the rear (felt like a tire went flat) to this massive violent vibration followed by the rear of the trike lifting upwards with and exploding sound. Trike snapped to the left 90* and headed south and east at the same time. Was able to get it turned back south in the left lane and ride it off onto the left shoulder. Was doing less than 50, perhaps 40-45, when the rear left hub crashed onto the right shoulder. All four lugs were found relatively close to where the wheel came off. My insurance co claims that they can not point any fingers at the dealership because (direct quote from the investigator) "they always come off with in a very few miles of them putting them on if they did anything wrong." Total bill for the repairs will exceed 8k.

Quick Reply: TG rear wheel removal......