Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TG rear wheel removal......

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
I would bet if you sat down with a personal injury lawyer, told them the story and complained about your neck and back hurting you would get your grand deductible back, along with enough money to put your children or grand children through college.

Good Luck, don't let the dealer and one of his $7.50 an hour 'master mechanics' screw you
Sure. But I'm not the kind of person that would actually sit in front of a Judge and lie to make myself look better than the dealership.

And just so you know, the two Techs there make close to 90k each per year.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:52 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Your call. Their incompetency almost killed you. Maybe the next guy won't be so lucky

Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Keystone
Sure. But I'm not the kind of person that would actually sit in front of a Judge and lie to make myself look better than the dealership.

And just so you know, the two Techs there make close to 90k each per year.
With the quality of work they do it is quite obvious they are over paid.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:41 PM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 450 Likes on 294 Posts
Default lug nuts

I don't understand some of you people. You spend thousands of dollars on a motorcycle but are too cheap to buy a service manual . Even if you are unable to do mechanical work you will be able to know if the dealer is robbing you or not if you read the manual. As far as wheel nuts every one should know that aluminum wheels need to be checked often for the proper torque. If you are too cheap to buy a proper wrench, stop in at any tire shop and they will torque your wheels for free. The service manual will tell you the proper torque values

Old 02-20-2016, 11:08 PM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,091 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Originally Posted by gerald martin
I don't understand some of you people. You spend thousands of dollars on a motorcycle but are too cheap to buy a service manual . Even if you are unable to do mechanical work you will be able to know if the dealer is robbing you or not if you read the manual. As far as wheel nuts every one should know that aluminum wheels need to be checked often for the proper torque. If you are too cheap to buy a proper wrench, stop in at any tire shop and they will torque your wheels for free. The service manual will tell you the proper torque values
If you didn't look at the date of this thread it is 5 years old. This discussion has been almost worn out since then. You are correct though about the manuals. Most everyone that do much on their Trike/Bike own the manuals to do so. But if someone has a problem working on things we are always here to help, & sometimes it is the easiest way to explain is to copy a page for them. NOT the whole manual.
Also the torquing of the aluminum wheels do need extra attention. But lets' not condemn those not familiar with these problems. But always try & help with a tip & explanation.
By the way the correct torque for the rear lug nuts is 95fp to 100fp for the 1/2" bolts.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:59 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Hmmmm sometimes it's good to bring up an old post like this. As a new Trike rider I'll make sure I check mine. Particularly since it is at the dealer now waiting to get the chrome exchange wheels installed. I'll double check the torque when I get it home

Old 02-22-2016, 10:47 AM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 450 Likes on 294 Posts

check the torque at 50 miles and at every oil change and you will be fine. Don't over torque