Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Jagg 10 Row vs Ultra Cool

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011 | 11:07 AM
Buddy WMC
|
Road Warrior

Just wanted to post an update. I spoke with Robert at Ultra Cool earlier in the week. He has shipped his new automatic theromostatically controlled unit to our shop. I am to install and test the unit on my Tri and report back to him any problems encountered during installation.

I am also to report back on at what temp the fan kicks in and out. After the testing has been done, I will post a review of our findings. I'm glad wifey will be aboard to keep the records of our findings.

That being said, Robert advised me of the following for those of you that already own these units.

First,

There had been some reported problems with the sealing of the adaptor gasket. If you have a leak in that area, Robert advises to call, he'll ship a new gasket that must be copper coated prior to installation. He is working on a solution for this with a different gasket material and/or vendor. If you have no problem in this area, you probably will not. This is just a heads up, so do not panic to order gaskets.

Second,

Installers are cutting the supplied hoses feeling that they are too long. The supplied hoses are designed for rubber mounted engines and are NOT to be cut.

I'll keep you all informed when the kit arrives, we will evaluate it and do the installation. I have no stake in this other than Robert is providing us with a unit to test. What I report will be accurate, truthful and objective. I have nothing to loose but shop time in doing this review. I hope you all will be interested in what we find out as it's hot as hell here at the present time!! In all fairness, I have removed my lower fairings to get more airflow to the engine. I'll be installing a quick detach kit in the fall when the weather breaks.

Last edited by Buddy WMC; 04-22-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2011 | 10:35 PM
Dogdaz
Cruiser
Default Cooler

Buddy, email me direct helipilot@Triad.rr.com and I will email you back with my cell phone number. I have installed my new Ultracool and would like to discuss the out come. Thanks, Jerry

Old 04-25-2011 | 07:52 AM
Buddy WMC
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dogdaz
Buddy, email me direct helipilot@Triad.rr.com and I will email you back with my cell phone number. I have installed my new Ultracool and would like to discuss the out come. Thanks, Jerry
Jerry,
Got your PM, I'll try and call after 7pm, depends upon when I get home. Have to do a teardown on a custom build to go out for paint and powdercoat.

Old 04-25-2011 | 09:33 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Buddy,

When you get your kit, please post the hose lengths. I have to replace mine since I have an original kit with using the original OEM oil filter adaptor. I will be installing the Ultracool adaptor. Thanks.

Boom

Old 04-26-2011 | 07:51 AM
Buddy WMC
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Jerry,
Got your PM, I'll try and call after 7pm, depends upon when I get home. Have to do a teardown on a custom build to go out for paint and powdercoat.
I may revisit this whole project. I spoke with Dogdaz, Jerry at length last evening about the shortcomings of the design of the Ultra Cool in his opinion. We also discussed problems he encountered during the installation and the performance, or lack thereof that he expressed to me. As a former engineer, I feel that he brought up some interesting points.

That being said in all fairness, I'll let Jerry post his own experience to share with you all if he so chooses to do so. When the kit comes if it ever does, we'll take a look at the compoments and then make a judgement call on whether to proceed or not with the project.

Boom,
Probably won't matter as Jerry shared with me that the hoses were too long and HAD to be cut, or they would pinch the oil flow off.

Last edited by Buddy WMC; 04-26-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2011 | 10:47 AM
Dogdaz
Cruiser
Default Hoses

When there is a bend in a rubber hose when the hot oil goes through and softens the rubber it will crimp if to long and restrict oil flow. Thanks, Jerry

Old 06-08-2014 | 10:57 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

old post but what was the outcome of this Buddy WMC?

I've had a really bad experience with a vendor of Jagg and I've vowed to spread the negativity it deserves and I'll do so in a later post specific to my issues.

Old 06-08-2014 | 03:51 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

I had bad issues with quality (leaking) on UltraCool connections. Got warranty replacement parts but never installed. Went back to stock cooler with two Big Sky fans. At this point, with new cam installed, I run 230* riding and 245* in-traffic temps. Changing to Redline 20-60w oil but don't expect much temp change; just peace-of-mind.

Old 06-09-2014 | 07:43 AM
Buddy WMC
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
old post but what was the outcome of this Buddy WMC?

I've had a really bad experience with a vendor of Jagg and I've vowed to spread the negativity it deserves and I'll do so in a later post specific to my issues.
Nutz,
The unit came and we sent it back, looked like poor quality and after my conversation with Jerry we did not wish to waste the time and labor. There are mixed reviews on the new Ultra Cool Reefer. We installed a Jagg double ten row with fan assist on mine and never looked back. Who are you dealing with at Jagg and what is the issue? If you still have my phone number, give me a call after 12 your time as I'll be shooting this morning practicing for 218 quals. As a Jagg dealer, maybe I can call Marv the owner and get you some help.

Old 06-09-2014 | 07:52 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Buddy, thanks for the response sir.

I haven't spoken directly to Jagg yet this morning to complain about this vendor of theirs but for them to tell me "tough luck" you bought a product as-is, is ridiculous at best. I have a feeling Powersports Superstore thinks this unit was installed and oil ran through it which is not the case. I ordered an FP2400 from them, and not paying attention when I went to install it, got all the packages torn apart and such then realized they sent me an FP2300 instead. Should have paid more attention to the box but nonetheless this isn't some $49 part, it's $500 we're talking about. I had planned on contacting Marv as well this morning but I'm going to contact Powersports Superstore first. I've bought a ton of stuff from these guys before with nary an issue and I really thing it's a matter of Daniel in customer service misunderstanding my email to them.

I'll follow up in a bit once I talk to PSS

Quick Reply: Jagg 10 Row vs Ultra Cool