Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Bummer News

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011 | 04:32 PM
Casper
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Bummer News

OK, first off...No Boo Hoo here....not looking for sympathy stuff, a lot more people out there a lot worse off than I ever will be...

Been having shoulder pain and lack of movement, went to Doctor yesterday...X-Rays and then of for a MRI...
heard back from Doctor, good news, no tear...bad news it's degenerative...not gonna heal...set up for Physical Therapy. Oh fun fun...said it's from overuse or strain over the years...sniper team was fun but guess I'm paying for it now....I know I didn't overwork it...

Trike days may be over, the "push-pull" action of steering is painful...
back to 2 wheels??? We'll see.

Old 03-31-2011 | 06:18 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by Casper
OK, first off...No Boo Hoo here....not looking for sympathy stuff, a lot more people out there a lot worse off than I ever will be...

Been having shoulder pain and lack of movement, went to Doctor yesterday...X-Rays and then of for a MRI...
heard back from Doctor, good news, no tear...bad news it's degenerative...not gonna heal...set up for Physical Therapy. Oh fun fun...said it's from overuse or strain over the years...sniper team was fun but guess I'm paying for it now....I know I didn't overwork it...

That certainly is a bummer. Possibly physical therpy will help you. Good luck with your problem.

Old 03-31-2011 | 07:11 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default No Pain No Gain

What is this? Everybody's either trying to check out on us or selling their Tri's. Ride that *****, pushing and pulling that Hog through the twisties is the best therapy ever. If it don't hurt you probably ain't doing it right!

Old 03-31-2011 | 09:33 PM
Casper
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coupe55
What is this? Everybody's either trying to check out on us or selling their Tri's. Ride that *****, pushing and pulling that Hog through the twisties is the best therapy ever. If it don't hurt you probably ain't doing it right!
You may be right

Old 03-31-2011 | 09:49 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default You know

You may be right
I'm joking to a certain extent! I think ol Clint Eastwood said in one of his films a mans got to know his limitations! If the therapy don't ease off the pain and get you some upper body strength don't push it. Hit the liniment "Ben Gay" and give it some time, I would not sell the Tri prematurely a couple of Alieve or Advil you may be able to get some saddle time in.

Of course with the liniment you may be riding alone!

Old 03-31-2011 | 10:46 PM
Casper
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Coop
Even I can't stand the BenGay....
The did give me some cream for the "aurther" in my hand and said I could it on my shoulder too....time will tell, but it don't look good and a 2wheeler keeps me riding...

Old 03-31-2011 | 11:14 PM
kdichs1015
Tourer

Not a shoulder, but I've been doing physical therapy for my back, and I'm better than I have been in 5 years or so. I agree with all the above, don't make any hasty decisions. Best of luck in dealing with your shoulder.

Kevin

Old 04-01-2011 | 10:42 AM
bullet 10
Tourer

Casper, Pain in right shoulder ,no Exrays , MRIs doctor prescribed TRIXAICIN HP tropical Analgesic Cream contains Capasicum Oleoresin with 0.075% Capsaicin,(no smell) have been using it for years for phantom pain,seems to work on shoulder as well. Takes several days to work but done wonders for me (after appling it with fingers wash fingers off with water) be careful with touching any private parts, garanteed will get your attention).Worth a try?

Old 04-01-2011 | 10:53 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Trixaicin HP

Originally Posted by bullet 10
(after appling it with fingers wash fingers off with water) be careful with touching any private parts, garanteed will get your attention).Worth a try?

and be sure not to get the Trixacin mixed up with your Preparation H!

Old 04-01-2011 | 11:30 AM
Casper
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Bullet
They gave me Voltaren Gel, some type of topical cream...no OC in it...
Oh no, mixing yours with ph would be a Kodak moment for sure... youtube winner

Quick Reply: Bummer News