Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Bummer News

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011 | 12:23 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by coupe55
What is this? Everybody's either trying to check out on us or selling their Tri's. Ride that *****, pushing and pulling that Hog through the twisties is the best therapy ever. If it don't hurt you probably ain't doing it right!
Wouldn’t be great if you could write the TG off as physical therapy?

Jim

Old 04-01-2011 | 01:29 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Wouldn’t be great if you could write the TG off as physical therapy?

Jim
Never know and might be worth investigating. Might be possible with a doctors prescription. My doctor prescribed for my spa and it was a write off, that's how I know.

Old 04-01-2011 | 02:23 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default GE - Brings good thing to life!

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Never know and might be worth investigating. Might be possible with a doctors prescription. My doctor prescribed for my spa and it was a write off, that's how I know.
GE, General Electric made 14.3 Billion and paid, 0 Taxes! Nadda, goose egg, nothing and got a 3.2 billion dollar Tax Credit for 2010! They never pay more than 3%!

I would send in the GE Headline along with the deduction, or maybe we could borrow GE's Tax Lawyer. If you are out of pocket for medica,l hit the out of pocket sweet spot, I don't know why you could not write it off!

Old 04-01-2011 | 07:10 PM
bullet 10
Tourer

Casper, I think you might me missing the main ingrediance, CO with 0.075% Capsaicin. Just my oppinion.

Old 04-01-2011 | 07:48 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member

Casper have same as you right sholder neck right arm pain and was going numb. if not worse good days bad days. Plus spine is denerative disc disease. knees bad and,Right eye vision changes have a problem withthe eye UV itis. Type 2 Diadetes. Emphysema right lung scared due to pneumonia. High blood pressure. I live to ride I can;t go cross country . But two -four hour trips some times more. I can't go back to two wheels as my balance is off and the knees give out. I have no upper body strength to hold up two wheels when stopped. Also when I was jocking the two wheels in my garage. All most dropped the bikes as had no strength in my right sholder and arm to hold the bikes up. If they tilited a bit to the right. I can handle the Trikes as long as I can drive my truck. When my sholder got real bad could not even sleep. PT and the right chiropractor got me back on track. Sucks gatting old. It's all wear and tear from years of work. Keep the Trike if you can for a while. See how it goes. never say never. Get well and heal well

Old 04-01-2011 | 08:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

I hear Jack Daniels helps a lot...

The guys are right ya know... work on that shoulder via the trike steering. I'll work on my neck by hitting all the pot holes I can... we'll see you in the middle and we will both be healthy.

Old 04-02-2011 | 12:25 AM
joediver1943
Advanced

Last fall I had severe pain from a pinched nerve in my left shoulder, arm and hand. I really wondered if I was going to be able to ride the trile with the increased clutch pull it required. Well thankfully a lot of the strength came back in my left arm and hand and the installation of a AIM VPC 70T has really helped. I also have some other major health issued but the last think I want to do before its all over is go for a ride.
It seems that by reading these posts many of the trike owners are facing some kind of health issues and need to make any modifications that they can to allow them to ride longer. As it seems that one of the major difficulties we have is with the push, pull of the bars causing our shoulders discomfort , does anybody make a power steering unit that could be adapted to these bikes. Before you laugh at me , I am not a mechanic or an engineer, I just want to extend my time to be able to ride as long as possible.

Old 04-02-2011 | 04:56 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Are you swallowing better and did you try that Ensure stuff I told you about?? Wifey has me slamming two bottles down every morning again and it seems to help with the energy.

Old 04-02-2011 | 05:51 AM
Casper
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bullet 10
Casper, I think you might me missing the main ingrediance, CO with 0.075% Capsaicin. Just my oppinion.
Oh no, I didn't miss that...carry the OC on my duty belt...after the training ( getting hit in the face with OC) I don't think I want anymore to do with it if I can help it....

Old 04-02-2011 | 05:54 AM
Casper
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

WHoo Whoo...think I'll go with that...old JD works for me....wonder if I can get the doctor to write a scrip for it...get my insurance company to cover it....yeah buddy...case at a time...

Quick Reply: Bummer News