Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Spare Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:25 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spare Parts?

So, the wife convinced me that if I get new wheels and tires for my Street Glide then she can have the same for her trike. Well, I guess that's fair. And wouldn't ya know, HD has new wheels and tires for the SG Trike. So my question is, what's a guy to do with a relatively new (3.5k miles) set of wheels and tires?

I sold my set of old wheels and tires before I left the dealership but with Trikes being relatively new is there any market for the old ones? I would put them in storage but they would be like everything else in storage; stays there until clean out time and then they go to the trash.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Spare Parts?-trainingday.jpg  

Last edited by CW4_131A; 03-13-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Put a price on them and sell them, you can use the old tires on the new rims so all you have to peddle is the old rims.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I Have mine for sale but no movement. So I will have them powder coated black.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I'm surprised that some of the chrome exchange shops don't buy them...course I'm sure they want to give almost nothing for them....

If I change out to chrome, I think I'll just hang onto them, use them in the fall and early spring when the weather is not the best...

Last edited by Casper; 03-13-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Don't know why you wouldn't go this route................
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

This place has gotten rave reviews on quality and price from other TG owners. You'd save some bucks and probably get better chrome quality than expensive Harley wheels. As tbob said, resale on the stock wheels isn't good.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Boom
Don't know why you wouldn't go this route................
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

This place has gotten rave reviews on quality and price from other TG owners. You'd save some bucks and probably get better chrome quality than expensive Harley wheels. As tbob said, resale on the stock wheels isn't good.
Exactly,
Call Joe Cutshall the owner and find out what he can do pricewise on core wheels. I personally know that he is looking for some Tri-Glide cores. Spoke with him last week as I have a set on backorder, they are apparently at his chromer. I was advised that he would contact me when they get in.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Exactly,
Call Joe Cutshall the owner and find out what he can do pricewise on core wheels. I personally know that he is looking for some Tri-Glide cores. Spoke with him last week as I have a set on backorder, they are apparently at his chromer. I was advised that he would contact me when they get in.
So you are going to buy what he has chromed (after you pay him a core deposit also) then send him your old wheels after he sends you the chromed ones, then refund your core deposit? I would imagine you'd also have to remove and replace the bearings from your front wheel. Sounds like a plan with a good price!

Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Boom,
I'm only doing the rears and baby moons for now as that's all I can afford. I'll do the front end later on when I do the chrome lowers, cowbells and add my Diamond stainless 12 point rotor bolts and stainless front axle and spacers.

Joe will also install new front wheel bearings for $50.00 before he ships the front wheel if you ask. I had to make arrangements with another Indy that can lift the Trike (we can't). He'll pull the rears and then it's off to my friends Goodyear store for mounting and balancing. Then I have to run them back for reinstallation. The HD shop here can mount, but can not balance the Tri-Glide rears.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:21 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by Boom
So you are going to buy what he has chromed (after you pay him a core deposit also) then send him your old wheels after he sends you the chromed ones, then refund your core deposit? I would imagine you'd also have to remove and replace the bearings from your front wheel. Sounds like a plan with a good price!
Boom, Joe says he would rather have the customer leave the old bearings for Joe to remove. He says he's had to many rims damage from people not using the proper tools for removing the bearings.
Butch

Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
Boom, Joe says he would rather have the customer leave the old bearings for Joe to remove. He says he's had to many rims damage from people not using the proper tools for removing the bearings.
Butch
Good idea. I've paid a dealer on past bikes to remove tire and bearing from the front wheel -- pricey, of course.

Quick Reply: Spare Parts?