Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
greyfang
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak

this morning, when I went out into the garage I noticed a sizeable oil spot under the trike. It was in a peculiar spot way at the back under the rear fender. The left shock absorber bottom support bracket had oil on it and everything else seemed to be dry. I know the shocks have oil in them but where would it most likely be coming from. thanks in advance for any help.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:49 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greyfang
this morning, when I went out into the garage I noticed a sizeable oil spot under the trike. It was in a peculiar spot way at the back under the rear fender. The left shock absorber bottom support bracket had oil on it and everything else seemed to be dry. I know the shocks have oil in them but where would it most likely be coming from. thanks in advance for any help.
I had the same problem last summer, only it was the right shock. Some how I blew the seal on one of the bumps we have around here. Our HD shop replaced it under warrenty. I've since replaced my shocks with Legend Air Shocks and am waiting for the weather to change to try them out.

Butch

Old 03-06-2011, 11:59 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Blew rear shock seal last year....replaced under warranty.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 AM
03 Softail
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Butch,
where did you get your baby moon hub caps, been looking for those and cannot find
them anywhere.
Thanks for your help
Dan

Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 03 Softail
Butch,
where did you get your baby moon hub caps, been looking for those and cannot find
them anywhere.
Thanks for your help
Dan
Dan,
Butch got his wheels and baby moons from WillyShiney. I've got a set of rears on order, but Joe Cutshall the owner is out of cores at the moment. He's waiting for some sets in progress to come back from his chromer. He's suposed to call me when they come in, so I can place my order. He should have the baby moons in stock. Just google him up and give him a call toll free.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Dan,
Butch got his wheels and baby moons from WillyShiney. I've got a set of rears on order, but Joe Cutshall the owner is out of cores at the moment. He's waiting for some sets in progress to come back from his chromer. He's suposed to call me when they come in, so I can place my order. He should have the baby moons in stock. Just google him up and give him a call toll free.
I also have Joe's front wheel spacers which cover the bolts to the brake rotors. Here are a couple more pic's.
Butch

Attached Thumbnails oil leak-tri-in-the-sun-003-640x480-.jpg   oil leak-tri-in-the-sun-002-640x480-.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by 03 Softail
Butch,
them anywhere.
Thanks for your help
Dan
Dan, here's his Joe web sight. www.willyshiny.com
Butch

Last edited by SEAlaskan; 03-07-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Butch: Nice to see that you are posting again. Where have you been?

Mike

Old 03-07-2011, 06:49 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Butch: Nice to see that you are posting again. Where have you been?

Mike
Just laying low waiting for the winter to get over and my back to get stronger. About two weeks ago Doc told me I could do anything I wanted to except lift more then 50#, no jumping out of good airplanes, no bungee jumping, no swinging on rope swings, no jumping three wheelers, no jumping off of roof into the snow bank for the rest of my life. Man this guy is no fun. But I'm back and I can ride, so it can't be all bad, I still can ride the three wheeler and can't wait.
Butch

Last edited by SEAlaskan; 03-07-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Yeah, it's a pisser getting old....

Quick Reply: oil leak