Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TRI GLIDE honest opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

These two bikes are BONE STOCK, I'm sure it is a price point that will push the 11's out the door then when the 11's are gone these will go. Also by the sound of it there's no shortage of 2011 TRIGLIDES, but it is January in Minnesota. Here is one more question: If the 11's have more power how do they perform on the road loaded with two people example crossing Dakota at 75 - 80 mph which is not uncommon ? ? ?

Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scooty
These two bikes are BONE STOCK, I'm sure it is a price point that will push the 11's out the door then when the 11's are gone these will go. Also by the sound of it there's no shortage of 2011 TRIGLIDES, but it is January in Minnesota. Here is one more question: If the 11's have more power how do they perform on the road loaded with two people example crossing Dakota at 75 - 80 mph which is not uncommon ? ? ?
Since both TG are stock it is a no brainer on which one to buy.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

I'm not to sharp,,, but even I can figure that one out ! ! ! !

Old 01-23-2011, 09:24 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by bronxbill
Scooty,

I have an '11 Tri Glide; I have no compaints about the power. I did go with the Fuel Moto system (headpipe, breather, mufflers and PCV) to get rid of the Cat and cool it down. Side benefit was an increase in power also, so that made it that much better. Just FYI, I have about $1300 invested in the Fuel Moto stuff and install. Seems to have taken care of the heat. I would have done the air cleaner, pipes and mufflers anyway so I don't know if I can consider that an extra expense.
This is great
advice for all with a 2010 or 2011. Guys on the two wheels or wanting to get of the right side heat. So its not just a trike issue.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
pcmikey
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2010 tri glide ultra that I bought from HD of Dothan AL. I bought it in April, after a serious wreck of my 2006 1600 vulcan classic in Dec 2009. I am 71 and have been riding bikes since 1957, with three scooters before that. I bought every factory accessory available, and I love the trike. I have 6000+miles on it, and my biggest gripe is the overheating in hot weather. I have purchased a power commander V with auto tune, and am going to order fuelmoto 2-1-2 jackpot stainless pipes tomorrow(thanks wiz). I have Rush slipons now (1.75" right 2" left). I have new 2.25" baffles for both sides that will be added with the install. After this, I plan to install an auxillary oil cooler. I would appreciate any advice about the cooler.

Mike Wynn, PC FL since 1970---grew up in Atlanta, where my son (three harleys) lives now.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:26 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by pcmikey
I have a 2010 tri glide ultra that I bought from HD of Dothan AL. I bought it in April, after a serious wreck of my 2006 1600 vulcan classic in Dec 2009. I am 71 and have been riding bikes since 1957, with three scooters before that. I bought every factory accessory available, and I love the trike. I have 6000+miles on it, and my biggest gripe is the overheating in hot weather. I have purchased a power commander V with auto tune, and am going to order fuelmoto 2-1-2 jackpot stainless pipes tomorrow(thanks wiz). I have Rush slipons now (1.75" right 2" left). I have new 2.25" baffles for both sides that will be added with the install. After this, I plan to install an auxillary oil cooler. I would appreciate any advice about the cooler.

Mike Wynn, PC FL since 1970---grew up in Atlanta, where my son (three harleys) lives now.
The Triglide comes with an oil cooler. If you want to go to something better there is the 10 row made my Jagg and the Ultra cool. There are several of us who replaced the stock oil cooler with the 10 row Jagg. If you do some searching you should be able to come up with information on the Ultra cool since both have been discussed in the Triglide section.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by scooty
I'm not to sharp,,, but even I can figure that one out ! ! ! !
I wasn't inferring that you were not sharp. You cleared up a question that was discussed in the thread that possibly the used TGs were loaded with alot of bling and that was possibly the reason for the prices being the same between used and new. Thanks for setting me straight.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
OKCultraclassic
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just way more fun for us. We really enjoy it. Rode the black hills last year and will take it to yellowstone and Montana this year. I can't imagine spending this kind of money and having lasting memories any other way.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Couldn't agree with you more. Went to SD last year and will be heading to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons this summer. It sure is a fun and comfortable ride.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pcmikey

Mike,
Living in Florida, I would suggest either an Ultra-Cool, oil cooler (which has a built-in fan) or a Jagg 10 row oil cooler with a Big Sky Oil Cooler Fan. If you do a lot of stop and go; heavy traffic riding, you may want to consider a Parade fan.

Jim

Quick Reply: TRI GLIDE honest opinion