Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TRI GLIDE honest opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
TKanaley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a new 2011 back in October. If your dealer has a rental program and you can rent one for a couple days, I would suggest that you do it and see how you like it. I rented a 2010 Tri-Glide for a 3 day road trip and that was pretty much the deal sealer for me. My dealer has a program that if you rent a bike and purchase a new one within 60 days, most of the fees paid for the rental can be used towards a new purchase. My dealer also gave me a great trade in on my 06 Road King so that sweetened the pot even further.

Yeah, you'll spend a pile of extra money on accessories and such, but I do it (as do most) for every new bike I buy anyway. No regrets so far.
T

Old 01-16-2011, 08:09 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

One thing you can do to the 103 is cams. With the right combo it will light a fire
uder your Azz.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TKanaley
Yeah, you'll spend a pile of extra money on accessories and such, but I do it (as do most) for every new bike I buy anyway. No regrets so far.
T
That's all part of the HD tax.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:42 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by krw
Great bike, no problems with mine. Many complain and they seem to out number the ones that are happy with their purchase.
+1 ON THAT It,s a Harley. It's a love hate thing. But i'm glad I have mine. Just gotta pay the Harley Tax.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fire Extinquisher

Originally Posted by tbob
One thing you can do to the 103 is cams. With the right combo it will light a fire
uder your Azz.
The stock EPA Cams and the Catalytic Converter will also burn your Azz up. The right Cam and dumping that cat will put a smile on your face and cool your Azz off

Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 AM
bullet 10
Tourer

I would buy my 2010 TRICLASIC (FLAME BLUE PEARL) AGAIN no major issues, just personal mods. which is with anything you buy. Its been called Harley Tax, to me its modification to personel your ride. I've rode trikes for years(can't say on independent) but TRI best handling yet.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

This is my 3rd trike, a 2011 Ultra Classic TriGlide. First two were of the Honda Goldwing/Valkyrie family, with Lehman and Champion kits. By far, the TriGlide is the best in comfort, handling, warranty, and paint. Love the older bike look of it also.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve owned 7 Harley’s over the years so I’m very familiar with the “Harley Tax”; but have always considered that to be personalized items such as a more comfortable seat, foot pegs, handle bars or a more suitable sounding muffler and of course, the obligatory bling. All optional items that personalize your ride.

IMO; it is stretching the definition of “Harley Tax” when you have to spend big bucks to cool the bike down so that it is safe and comfortable to ride. To simply chalk up safety and engine life mods as being part of a “Harley Tax” tends to trivializes the problem and lets Harley off too EZ!

Just say’en!

Jim

Old 01-17-2011, 03:36 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[quote=TheJimer;7793548]I’ve owned 7 Harley’s over the years so I’m very familiar with the “Harley Tax”; but have always considered that to be personalized items such as a more comfortable seat, foot pegs, handle bars or a more suitable sounding muffler and of course, the obligatory bling. All optional items that personalize your ride.

IMO; it is stretching the definition of “Harley Tax” when you have to spend big bucks to cool the bike down so that it is safe and comfortable to ride. To simply chalk up safety and engine life mods as being part of a “Harley Tax” tends to trivializes the problem and lets Harley off too EZ!

AMEN , even though I knew befor I bought i had to spend $ cooling it down I agree you got a good point

Old 01-17-2011, 03:45 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I’ve owned 7 Harley’s over the years so I’m very familiar with the “Harley Tax”; but have always considered that to be personalized items such as a more comfortable seat, foot pegs, handle bars or a more suitable sounding muffler and of course, the obligatory bling. All optional items that personalize your ride.

Just say’en!

Jim
Jim:
I couldn't agree with you more.
Mike

Quick Reply: TRI GLIDE honest opinion