Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

tags

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
CRBandit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your service and sacrifice Buddy! My thoughts are that any disabled veteran should never have to pay for such things again. You have paid enough for this country!

From a lucky Army veteran that came out undamaged.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
That's every year Boom... all tags are the same. My business tags run me a little under 10 grand a year. Now if you have a trailer... it's about 35 bucks for an open and about 60 for an enclosed. Each year it goes down a little as long as they don't raise the tax base on us.
I forgot about the personal property tax in good ol' Virginny that gets paid every year on top of the price of tags, but a separate bill. The tags are $35 on the anniversary of your purchase but every October you pay a percentage of the vehicles worth. Business tags and tax are a lot more!

Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default China Beach

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Sorry All,

As I know I'm gonna **** some folks off, but as a 100% disabled veteran in Florida I pay $25.50 per year and have a special DV disabled tag that allows me to park the trike in a handicapped spot without the hanging card. The price I paid for that was loosing my left leg in 1968. That's why Bullet 10 is working on a right side shifter for me.

Overall we pay over 4K per year for insurance for the trike, two 10 year old vehicles and our home.
OK, I'm pissed, I fell off a bar stool at Vung Tau on a three day in country R&R, nobody cuts me any slack.

Just kidding brother, they should have gave you a Trike! I'm glad you made it back to the big PX, I am assuming you got hurt in Vietnam. I was complaining about Just getting raised to $1900 a year from $1400 on 3 vehicles. Another $1000 on the home that I know is a good deal. I pay around $351 per year on a seperate policy for the Tri glide.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 PM
PACKRAT13
4th Gear

Thats a shame that some states charge extra for DAV plates. Here in N.M. you can get 2 DAV plates if you get 100% and a letter from vetrans services that your mobily impaired and it cost nothing. If your not a vet.it costs about 17 a year to register your bike.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Sorry All,

As I know I'm gonna **** some folks off, but as a 100% disabled veteran in Florida I pay $25.50 per year and have a special DV disabled tag that allows me to park the trike in a handicapped spot without the hanging card. The price I paid for that was loosing my left leg in 1968. That's why Bullet 10 is working on a right side shifter for me.

My Durango costs $2.50 per year under the same deal, but we have to pay the full price like you guys do on wifey's Crown Victoria. Insurance is another matter, we get slammed down here as you all know. $850.00 per year on the trike alone, we can't bundle as no company wants to insure our home in "Hurricane Alley". Overall we pay over 4K per year for insurance for the trike, two 10 year old vehicles and our home.
No pissing here Buddy....you shouild get plates/tag/trike/etc FREE. Thank you for your service! At least you came home...*hugs*

Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 AM
bullet 10
Tourer
Default 100% disabled

Buddy, we have alot in common, as I am also 100% VA service connected disabled from loss of left leg in 1968, wasn't our best year, any way MO. allows us one free plate a year on vehicles if you don't count your personal taxes on that vehicle.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:48 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bullet 10
Buddy, we have alot in common, as I am also 100% VA service connected disabled from loss of left leg in 1968, wasn't our best year, any way MO. allows us one free plate a year on vehicles if you don't count your personal taxes on that vehicle.
Thank you for your service also bullet 10. We owe all our veterans a THANK YOU.Could you send me the link to Armor??

Mike

Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Surely amazing the hosing some states put to its residents yet there are states who seem to have their heads on straight. I'm with others here who feel veterans with disabilities should have no charge, they've done more than their fair share for this country.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dittto

Originally Posted by msocko3
Surely amazing the hosing some states put to its residents yet there are states who seem to have their heads on straight. I'm with others here who feel veterans with disabilities should have no charge, they've done more than their fair share for this country.
Yep! All gave some, some gave all! We were young when we took that oath but most still understood we were writing a blank check to the government, payable in full with everything up to and including your life.

I am glad we still have young men and women willing to serve. I don't think most expect anything extra but feel they deserve it, especially the wounded and family of the fallen. They don't have any qualms about about sending billions in foreign aid to other countries. Some our former enemies. Charity should begin at home but I never consider this charity, THEY EARNED IT.

Last edited by coupe55; 01-07-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Yep! All gave some, some gave all! We were young when we took that oath but most still understood we were writing a blank check to the government, payable in full with everything up to and including your life.

I am glad we still have young men and women willing to serve. I don't think most expect anything extra but feel they deserve it, especially the wounded and family of the fallen. They don't have any qualms about about sending billions in foreign aid to other countries. Some our former enemies. Charity should begin at home but I never consider this charity, THEY EARNED IT.
I guess one of the things that rubs me wrong is the way the country treated the guys in the military at that time. Instead of supporting them and giving them a pat on the back, they treated them like crap. I think the civilians during the Vietnam era were the worst of the lot, a good many of them should hang their heads in shame the way they acted. I agree 100% with you about charity should begin at home. The money our government tosses away to other countries could go a long way towards taking care of things at home.

Quick Reply: tags