Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

tags

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:06 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Dang and I thought I had it bad, you guys are getting a good shafting. Personalized for Ohio is about $75 per year and non is right around $40 for a MC.
+1 on the shafting! It’s bad enough that they base the cost of the plate on the value of the vehicle (which in my opinion is discrimination), but to base it on the MSRP rather than actual purchase price is totally wrong and insult upon injury.

Example: I just bought a new Jeep; the MSRP was $26,080. After some haggling, I got it for $22,800, yet I had to pay a percentage based upon the $26,080 MSRP figure. I’m surprise that someone hasn’t filed a class action suit.

Jim

Old 01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry All,

As I know I'm gonna **** some folks off, but as a 100% disabled veteran in Florida I pay $25.50 per year and have a special DV disabled tag that allows me to park the trike in a handicapped spot without the hanging card. The price I paid for that was loosing my left leg in 1968. That's why Bullet 10 is working on a right side shifter for me.

My Durango costs $2.50 per year under the same deal, but we have to pay the full price like you guys do on wifey's Crown Victoria. Insurance is another matter, we get slammed down here as you all know. $850.00 per year on the trike alone, we can't bundle as no company wants to insure our home in "Hurricane Alley". Overall we pay over 4K per year for insurance for the trike, two 10 year old vehicles and our home.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Sorry All,

As I know I'm gonna **** some folks off, but as a 100% disabled veteran in Florida I pay $25.50 per year and have a special DV disabled tag that allows me to park the trike in a handicapped spot without the hanging card. The price I paid for that was loosing my left leg in 1968. That's why Bullet 10 is working on a right side shifter for me.

My Durango costs $2.50 per year under the same deal, but we have to pay the full price like you guys do on wifey's Crown Victoria. Insurance is another matter, we get slammed down here as you all know. $850.00 per year on the trike alone, we can't bundle as no company wants to insure our home in "Hurricane Alley". Overall we pay over 4K per year for insurance for the trike, two 10 year old vehicles and our home.
Buddy, why should we be pissed? You paid a huge price for that $25.50 licenses plate! It’s nice to see that the state recognizes disabled vets.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice!

Jim

Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Montana has a one time price of $87.00 for as long as you own the bike. Once sold, the new owner pays $87.00 for as long as they own it. Insurance on the trike is $312.00 a year. If you pay the price of the next 3 years at one time, then you don't have to license a vehicle again. It's good deal if you plan on keeping you vehicle a long time.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Sorry All,

Buddy I want to thank you for your service. I wouldn't really care if the tags cost you nothing. You have already paid a very high price for us all. Thank you.
Mike

Old 01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
CRBandit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dw2169
Montana has a one time price of $87.00 for as long as you own the bike. Once sold, the new owner pays $87.00 for as long as they own it. Insurance on the trike is $312.00 a year. If you pay the price of the next 3 years at one time, then you don't have to license a vehicle again. It's good deal if you plan on keeping you vehicle a long time.
I'm a bit confused – first you say you pay a one time price of $87.00 for as long as you own it and then later you say if you pay the price of the next 3 years at one time, then you don't have to license a vehicle again. Which is it, a one-time fee of $87.00 or pay for 3 years at once and then never pay again

Here in MN they must take pity on us cycle-riding folks, since we are snowed in about half the year, and only charge us $10.00 a year in tax for cycles (but then there is another $6.25 for various fees and surcharges). Up until this year you could also pay the tax for 2 years at one time and get stickers for the second year and only have to pay the fees and surcharges once but they changed this year and now will only allow you to get them for the coming year. Bummer!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 05:43 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Buddy I want to thank you for your service. I wouldn't really care if the tags cost you nothing. You have already paid a very high price for us all. Thank you.
Mike
BIG +1.

Kalifornia has Veteran plates, but they are extra. I'm glad there are still some states out there that truly respect military service.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:49 PM
dw2169
Road Captain

Buddy, thank you for your service. Does anyone know how the speedshifter works that Dyno Jet makes and it plugs into a PC-V? I thought it might be something Buddy could use..

Old 01-06-2011, 05:53 PM
dw2169
Road Captain

For motorcycles, it is a one time price of $87. For cars you can pay a declining fee every year or pay for three years in a row up front and never have to pay for plates on that car again.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM
CRBandit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DW. thanks for the clarification. That now makes sense. Nowhere did you mention in your first post that you had switched from talking about bikes to autos.

Quick Reply: tags