Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Pulling a trailer with 2011 TG

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
One of the reasons I went with the MCHitch for the TG..four bolts and it's off or on...very easy. And with the "jumper" plug the goes between the rear light connection, the wiring is also a snap to remove...better safe than sorry...
Then again, with the modifications ( heat) I'm going to make my warranty may be a moot point....
You must remember if they flag your warranty for pulling a trailer only the part of the bike that can be effected by that will they flag not the entire bike.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dawg
after hearing much discussion on this forum about voiding the warranty if you add a trailer hitch or pull a trailer, I read all of the HD warranties in the book this week and could not find anything that says you void the warranty if you pull a trailer or install a hitch. Can someone show me why others believe it to be an issue with HD MOCO?
They can't void your warranty per say but they can flag it which will make future claims a PIA. As Casper said, 4 bolts and a quick un-plug of the harness and all is gone and not to be seen by the dealer.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bullet 10
5000 mile service yesterday 214.00 just wonder if price is normal? I ask service department about trailer hitch beens I already have one installed. Service dept said they understood from MOCO you could have a hitch but couldn't pull a trailer, go figure.
Tom,
Pretty good price as they want more than that here. Did that include the fluids? Be interesting to see what it costs when I have the first done at 1K (If I ever get there), as I'm providing the fluids. My selling dealer Black Widow HD in Port Charlotte is about 40 miles North. They are cheaper per service than here at Ft. Myers HD. The labor rate per hour here is also higher than in Port Charlotte.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:02 AM
bullet 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brien, 5000 mile service included all HD fluids (still running 360 20/50 HD dino oil). change oil and filter every 3000 miles. From now on will be doing my own service. Harley motors has been using for years and I figure if damage occurs will be during 1st two years during warranty period. Rode to Texas in August over 100 deg temps hyway speeds 70-75 with no trouble . when idling rear cyl would drop but hey its designed to do that to keep from damageing engine. rode 99 RDKING 103 trike using senthetic 20/50 and engine was noiser than when using 360.
and change for I don't know what other adjustments were done, but didn't mess with adjusting E brake which was fine with me. I think you will like MOTORCYCLEARMOUR to protect your painted surfaces. Hope you get to ride soon, we just got 4" snow last night 40 mile gusting winds be awhile for I can pick trick up .

Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I use my TriGlide to pull a trailer carrying my power wheelchair. The dealer knows I do that and knew that from the gitgo with my 08 Ultra with a Lehman conversion. Never had any problems with warranty and when not pulling the trailer or going to the shop, I plug in my lighted skull which fits in the receiver. But in the 40,000 miles on my 08, the damn radio was the only thing that was warranted and it took until I sold it to get that completely fixed. In pulling my trailer, in stop and wait traffic, the clutch quit working, ended up adjusting it on the side of the road with the original tool kit by guess. Took it in the next service, was told the clutch was fine and never had another problem with it.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:46 AM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I plan to pull one of the two trailers I have with my new 2012 triglide. I have a TourMaster Aspen hard pop up. That on weighs about 400 pounds loaded, the othe trailer is a small komfort Kamp Kargo and my wie's wheel chair fits in real nice in both. We have the handicap cards and have never be given a problem. I used then on mu 2003 Ultra also, rode all over the country and Canada. And yup, I broke down many times and the warranty paid for it's self. I listed all the times, places and what needed to be done in another thread. I'll see if I can find it.

I bought the extra 5 year with tire and wheel, good to go again. My Ultra has 100K on it now and the only worry that I would have if I rode across the States right now would be I would know that my extended warrant ran out a couple years ago.

Best wishes to you all
sam