Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

H-d bs...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
The sad part is; plenty of other manufactures have chosen to go down the same path and have had disastrous results. You would think that Harley would have learned something from others mistakes.

If the customer base and the stock holders get fed up at the same time…”it ain’t going to be pretty”!

Jim
I still maintain HD is already in deep trouble. I really think after the cam and pulley change my TG will be what I should have received in the first place. I'm pretty much done with it at this point except for possibly chrome wheels and I certainly won't buy them from HD. I will send mine out to be chromed. I will only buy from HD any item that only they have.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 478 Likes on 291 Posts

I agree with the above, I try not to buy HD stuff with their prices unless I have to. I always look aftermarket first; I can usually find the same thing at a cheaper price. The MOCO is still living in the '90's when everyone was lining up to buy their bikes; those days are gone!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More Trouble

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I still maintain HD is already in deep trouble. I really think after the cam and pulley change my TG will be what I should have received in the first place. I'm pretty much done with it at this point except for possibly chrome wheels and I certainly won't buy them from HD. I will send mine out to be chromed. I will only buy from HD any item that only they have.

Than most people think, this will be the second year of sales 100,000 units below the 07-08 levels although HD financial was where the largest losses were. The 2.3 billion in tax payer loans broken up into about 33 loans to keep them flying under the radar is all that saved them after the 08 crash. I wonder if they were not on the sugar tit if they might have been forced to work on some things like quality control and innovation.

I know also that this is off topic and but I would have had HD work on some of the above plus paying the money back before being allowed to build a plant in India with the Tax Payers money.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Than most people think, this will be the second year of sales 100,000 units below the 07-08 levels although HD financial was where the largest losses were. The 2.3 billion in tax payer loans broken up into about 33 loans to keep them flying under the radar is all that saved them after the 08 crash. I wonder if they were not on the sugar tit if they might have been forced to work on some things like quality control and innovation.

I know also that this is off topic and but I would have had HD work on some of the above plus paying the money back before being allowed to build a plant in India with the Tax Payers money.

Unlike many on these boards, I didn’t mind stimulus dollars being hand out to American companies that were in deep trouble. It saved a lot of American jobs and American companies from going under.But I agree with Coupe; there should have been strings attached to those loans and one of the strings should have been…”don’t invest U.S taxpayer money off shore”!

Jim