Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New Trike Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts

I'd be REAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY unhappy when I went to pick up my bike after dropping 3 or 4 hundred dollars to buy them and have them installed and they were that crooked, they don't even look close. Think I'd have asked the service manager when he was going to fix it, and when would I get my refund on installation. Next call would have been to the MoCo and pitch a major bitch about service quality. Would you take delivery on a $40,000 car with a crooked grill, or a door on ****-eyed??

Old 11-19-2011, 11:26 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I told them that's probably how I would have installed them, that's why I had them (professionals)do it - - - - now that I see them, EVEN I WOULDN'T HAVE BOTCHED THE INSTALL THAT BAD!!!

Ray Charles with the help of Stevie Wonder could have done it better.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I told them that's probably how I would have installed them, that's why I had them (professionals)do it - - - - now that I see them, EVEN I WOULDN'T HAVE BOTCHED THE INSTALL THAT BAD!!!

Ray Charles with the help of Stevie Wonder could have done it better.
I certainly feel sorry for you. Now you have to deal with the dealership and the MOCO and neither one will want to do anything. Lets face it, the problem resides with the dealership, not the MOCO.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:26 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I hope the dealer is going to buy you a new body after this one. I truly feel sory for you about this one. You know the dealer will try to worm out of it. Good luck!

Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

So far the dealer is using every excuse in the book. Their best one is "That's how we did the last (only)one and the owner didn't complain.

I wonder if the dealer will give me that guys name so I can contact him.......when hell freezes over.

The only solution I see is a new body, plain and simple. There's no way they can fix it without drilling more holes. I have a feeling this is going to be a looong battle.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It may be a loosing battle but you certainly need to fight it.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:14 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
So far the dealer is using every excuse in the book. Their best one is "That's how we did the last (only)one and the owner didn't complain.

I wonder if the dealer will give me that guys name so I can contact him.......when hell freezes over.

The only solution I see is a new body, plain and simple. There's no way they can fix it without drilling more holes. I have a feeling this is going to be a looong battle.
I'd explain to the dealer you don't give a **** on how they did the last one, your the customer and you expect the job to be done correctly. I'd kick a fuss with the MoCo customer service, let them know how agitated you are with the botched job by the dealer. Maybe even nudge the dealer a touch by throwing out the legal action card along with the local BBB.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 AM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, I feel for you. Those look awful.

We TriGliders have a problem in that our mounts are fairly new to the MoCo, and we don't represent a high-volume market.

Additionally, not all of us opt for those saddlebags, so in your case, it was amateur night at the dealership, and they probably gave the job to their least experienced tech as it didn't involve motor work.

I hope you can get it worked out.

Now I know I won't risk a bad install with those things.

Last edited by TaylorMcStrat; 11-21-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 AM
ZD
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

We put a hunnert miles or so on yesterday visiting a few dealers to have a look at a set of bags, but none carry them in stock. The only way to get a gander is apparently pay the 350 bucks! I wouldn't be afraid to install them myself, but I damned sure wouldn't let a snot-nose bike washer at a dealership do it!

As was stated in an earlier memo: Once the holes are drilled, there's no going back other than doing some fiberglass & re-paint work. (Ugh!)

Old 11-21-2011, 12:01 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

OMG Gary......the last pictures you posted are even worse than the others!!! They are definitely not installed properly....everyone agree that it appears the installer was using the "top part of frame" as a guide instead of the bottom part?

You need to look at the template....line it up with the bottom of frame and it should be vertical. Get the name of the first owner that dealer installed... Geesh, even a cave man can tell yours are CROOKED!!!!!

Quick Reply: New Trike Saddlebags