Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New Trike Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Does anyone have any pictures that you can send me? I'd like to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

If I had seen the bags mounted this way, I would never had bought them - especially for $350

I even switched the bags from one side to the other after I got home - still were crooked, but better. They even put the bags on the wrong side. Izski, try switching your bags - might help a little.

I would like to get as many pictures as I can to take to the dealer and show them that they are mounted incorrectly....if they are, because if they are I'm going to demand a new body -ya-right like that'll happen.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 PM
DonPiar
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Dealer just installed mine last night. Looks crappy, they look crooked, even when I switch them from side to side. Does anyone still have their installation template that can pdf it to me? So I can see if they did something wrong. Other then that I like the usefulness of them since I lost the saddlebags. I just don't want to keep opening and closing the tour pak every time I want something small. It has one of those 1/4 turn fasteners like the regular saddlebags have so it's not a problem removing them. I am also going to instal some 3M paint protector film under them.

I'll have to see if one of them can act as a cup holder. I really don't have room to add one to the handlebars.

I wished they looked like the ones in the catalog - nice and straight.
They are supposed to be at a slight angle, I actually like them and use them all the time. The wife has them full of all her stuff and they keep her happy, so I am happy!

Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Had mine installed by the dealer about a week after I first posted this thread. Are not on crooked, and the mini-saddlebags don't touch the paint on fender. I love 'em....send me an e-mail and I'll send pictures of mine.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Don, great pictures. I have the exact same model and color. Sure looks great in the sunlight.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:54 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Here are some pics of my bags. What do you guys think??
To me, they don't look like the pic in the catalog or pics from other members that shows the bags almost parallel with the fender.

Attached Thumbnails New Trike Saddlebags-966_0776.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-966_0777.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-966_0775.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-966_0772.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-966_0773.jpg  

Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Appears that your bags were installed parallel to the top of fender, instead of the bottom! They are definitely not installed properly.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:01 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Here are pics of the bags switched to what I think are the correct sides.

Attached Thumbnails New Trike Saddlebags-1.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-2.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-3.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-4.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-5.jpg  

Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

couple more. I think if the top pin was another 1" outward they would look like they should, but it's up to what the dealer says. If they still say it's correct, I will go higher. With everyone sending me pictures of their install, I will have a lot more ammunition. So keep those pics comming. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails New Trike Saddlebags-6.jpg   New Trike Saddlebags-7.jpg  

Last edited by GARY DYER; 11-19-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 288 Likes on 191 Posts

I'm sorry, that looks like crap....I'd be jumping up and down over that...no freaking way I would accept that....
I feel for you....that's just wrong !

Old 11-19-2011, 08:44 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
I'm sorry, that looks like crap....I'd be jumping up and down over that...no freaking way I would accept that....
I feel for you....that's just wrong !
I hate to say this but I agree with you. I would be a very unhappy camper.

Quick Reply: New Trike Saddlebags