Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New Trike Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
Ordered mine yesterday. Hope I like them, at 325.00, that is one expensive bottle holder!!!! But I hate the bottle holder on my handle bars and the bags will give me extra room for glasses, gloves, etc. within easy reach.......
Vinyls are gettin' scarcer and scarcer to hunt. So their hide is getting more expensive. I'll bet the EPA has somethin' to do with that!

Old 09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boom
Vinyls are gettin' scarcer and scarcer to hunt. So their hide is getting more expensive. I'll bet the EPA has somethin' to do with that!
Go to the $ store all that cheap stuff From China is made from vinyl. Vinyl is made from Petroleum.It's cheap. For $325.00 they should be made of Good old USA Cow Hide. LOL now I get it it's a Joke.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:06 AM
trikerbabe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why drill holes?

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
Ordered mine yesterday. Hope I like them, at 325.00, that is one expensive bottle holder!!!! But I hate the bottle holder on my handle bars and the bags will give me extra room for glasses, gloves, etc. within easy reach.......
did they tell you that you have to drill holes in your trike? Company call see through braz created a fastening system that require no holes drilled. you can get the product through your dealer.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trikerbabe
did they tell you that you have to drill holes in your trike? Company call see through braz created a fastening system that require no holes drilled. you can get the product through your dealer.
No, they didn't tell me, but I figured we would. May look into the fastening system. They didn't even know that the saddle bags existed!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Dealer just installed mine last night. Looks crappy, they look crooked, even when I switch them from side to side. Does anyone still have their installation template that can pdf it to me? So I can see if they did something wrong. Other then that I like the usefulness of them since I lost the saddlebags. I just don't want to keep opening and closing the tour pak every time I want something small. It has one of those 1/4 turn fasteners like the regular saddlebags have so it's not a problem removing them. I am also going to instal some 3M paint protector film under them.

I'll have to see if one of them can act as a cup holder. I really don't have room to add one to the handlebars.

I wished they looked like the ones in the catalog - nice and straight.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:29 PM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Dealer just installed mine last night. Looks crappy, they look crooked, even when I switch them from side to side. Does anyone still have their installation template that can pdf it to me? So I can see if they did something wrong. Other then that I like the usefulness of them since I lost the saddlebags. I just don't want to keep opening and closing the tour pak every time I want something small. It has one of those 1/4 turn fasteners like the regular saddlebags have so it's not a problem removing them. I am also going to instal some 3M paint protector film under them.

I'll have to see if one of them can act as a cup holder. I really don't have room to add one to the handlebars.

I wished they looked like the ones in the catalog - nice and straight.

.this might be a no-brainer....take them back to you installing dealer and request/make them fix the problem...!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 04:37 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Joe, that's what I want to do, but I wanted to check the template first before going there in case they are installed correctly....badly, but correctly. lol

Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 PM
lzski326
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine were put on crooked also. The way it looks they would have to replace the whole back end to fix the ploblem. Even if I wanted to I couldn't take it back to get them fixed. My dealer got his franchise pulled last july.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:29 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Once the holes are drilled your done. No easy fix.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

That's why I wanted to make sure if the brackets were installed correctly. If they werem't I raise holy hell and demand they replace the whole body. After all it WASN'T MY FAULT - it was theirs.

After reading Izski326 post, it looks like they may have been installed correctly - at least according to the instructions.
I would like to hear from more people about theirs, whether they had the dealer do it or they did it and how do they look.

Quick Reply: New Trike Saddlebags