Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New Trike Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 10:18 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
And Harley don't believe there is a problem with their over priced bags ??? They still sell the same bag.....!
Exactly! $420??? Nope.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I only have 2 gripes with the bags
1 Instructions are wrong(according to dealer that installed them)
2 The flimsy cardboard back. For that kind of money I'd expect a plastic or leather back.

One more gripe - they could be a little cheaper. I think a set of full size saddlebags are cheaper.

Still, I wouldn't be without them.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:19 AM
JCloud
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at them since I got my TG. I can get them for about a $100 less from Kutters than the local dealer (still $$$$). I am still trying to decide if I want to try the SEE THROUGH BRAZ velcro mounting system or just go ahead and drill and mount them the HD way.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 AM
HD_Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always liked the looks of those saddlebags but have been put off by the price.

The way I see it, these bags would be used for small incidentals anyway so I've always toyed with the idea of mounting a pair of backrest bags in this area instead. These in particular look like they'd serve the purpose well:

And with a rigid plastic back plate, they would be much more durable than the cardboard-backed saddlebags.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:52 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

HD_Rider, the saddlebags will hold a lot more then that bag....I believe. It doesn't look very big. Doesn't look very waterproof at the top either....open on each side. Still need to drill into body, doesn't look like it would hold a bottle of water. I put 2 bottles in one of the saddlebags and the other with my disk lock, Visine, chapstick, ear plugs, sun block, gas milage book, windshield cleaner and micro towel, energy bar, and sometimes my pet hampster.
. just kidding about the hampster.

Usually whatever I don't want to put in the tour pac when I'm on vacation and have a bag bungeed to the luggage rack making it a pain to open.
And now with the pockets in the lower fairing gone, they are even more desirable.

TwinCooled and JCloud, I got mine from the dealer for $336....with chapter discount.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:55 PM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,092 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Also remember whatever bag you put in that area will need to be removable in case you need to remove the side covers on either side.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:19 PM
04 Fatboy 67
Tourer

Originally Posted by JCloud
I have been looking at them since I got my TG. I can get them for about a $100 less from Kutters than the local dealer (still $$$$). I am still trying to decide if I want to try the SEE THROUGH BRAZ velcro mounting system or just go ahead and drill and mount them the HD way.
Definitely looks like a better option than drilling. I may go this route when I get the bags.

Last edited by 04 Fatboy 67; 02-26-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:53 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Think I will pass on these saddlebags but I would like to know where you got your sheepskins?
HD local dealer.....Mustang brand. Have your dealer look in their catalog. I have cover for the backrest also, but it pitches me forward a tad bit. The covers for the rail grips are seat belt covers...get 'em at Wally World.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:22 AM
04 Fatboy 67
Tourer

I spoke with Al at see through braz. sounds like a simple install, but my bike already has the Harley protective film that he said would need to be removed, and then their film put on. is there really a difference in the protective films????

Old 02-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Another alternative to driling into your bod might be something like this

http://www.bonemountain.com/product/...rest-organizer

I am in no way affiliated with them, just think it is a very cool idea. The wife would love to get this for our TG, so once I have a backrest this will be bought ASAP!

Rax

Quick Reply: New Trike Saddlebags