Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New Trike Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:37 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

The dealer informed me that the template just came in and to bring my bike in. So tomorrow I'm planning to do that, even though it's going to be 26* out, I want to get this over with. Everyone at the dealer say the same thing - that they should replace the whole trunk and not try to plug the holes and re-drill them. Hopefully I'll have an answer in the next week.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
The dealer informed me that the template just came in and to bring my bike in. So tomorrow I'm planning to do that, even though it's going to be 26* out, I want to get this over with. Everyone at the dealer say the same thing - that they should replace the whole trunk and not try to plug the holes and re-drill them. Hopefully I'll have an answer in the next week.
Thanks for the update...hope all works out well for ya!!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Kind of like a massive wart right between the eyes.
come on man, I have one of those, and until now, no one has ever said such a thing! LOL

Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Dealer just called me and said that Harley looked at the pictures and saw no problem and that they were installed per the instruction, so I will have to live with them crooked. They will not do anything about it.
That's 2 royal screws I've gotten from Harley.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Dealer just called me and said that Harley looked at the pictures and saw no problem and that they were installed per the instruction, so I will have to live with them crooked. They will not do anything about it.
That's 2 royal screws I've gotten from Harley.
File a claim in small claims court. Harley and dealer will back off and work out a solution, rather than spend the money to fight and possibly lose anyway.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:32 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks Gary, but its the typical MoCo logic "working as designed". dosent matter if its wrong.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:36 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

It was the MOCO that said they were installed correctly. The general manager from the dealer called me back later and said he was also upset about the MOCO's decision and he is going to look into it and see what they can do. He said not to worry, they'll figure something out.

I have sent my pictures to a couple other Harley forums. I wonder if I sent them to some magazines, if they would do anything. I doubt it because they wouldn't want to get the MOCO mad at them.
I am also thinking of printing ALL the responces from here and other forums and mail them to Harley.

I wished they had the ***** to come down and face me face to face like they said they were going to. I'd like to ask the %$# who said they were on correctly if he'd accept that on his bike - if the ***** even had one. I don't know if getting a lawyer will do any good other then cost me a fortune.
Someone suggested contacting the credit card company. I don't know if it's too late, but I'll look into that.

I think that the bozo that designed the template should either review his layout or get his *** fired.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get a lawyer...just present your case to small claims court. Make the moco and dealer show up or else lose the case. It is a simple process. At least you would get another person, with the right of judgement, to look at it from your perspective.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dawg
Don't get a lawyer...just present your case to small claims court. Make the moco and dealer show up or else lose the case. It is a simple process. At least you would get another person, with the right of judgement, to look at it from your perspective.
I agree. Take it to small claims court. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Barbara, do you still have the template your installer used? Is it the one that came with the bags or something different? Can you fax it??

Quick Reply: New Trike Saddlebags