Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2011 TriGlide

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010 | 02:35 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Is it my imagination or do the rear fenders of the 2011 TG appear to be wider (fatter)? If in fact they are wider, I wonder if this was done in-part to accommodate easier removal of the rear wheel?

Jim
Jim:I went out and gave it a good look with the 360 feature and the fenders don't look any wider to me. They certainly should be.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:18 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by carlo
Just read a Thread The body, trunk door,fenders and side covers have been changed on the 2011. So cant change out the trunk latch for a 2011 without changing the body and trunk door. Also different muffler mounts will retro fit 09 and10 trikes.
Carlo, mind posting the link where you read that. I'd like to know what they did that's different with the side covers.

Thanks, zoood

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:30 AM
lzski326
Cruiser

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Jim:I went out and gave it a good look with the 360 feature and the fenders don't look any wider to me. They certainly should be.
I just looked at the new Blue/Black Tri at my dealer last night. I think the fenders are the same width, I put my hand between the fender and the tire and just barely fit. I forgot to do that to my 09 when I got home. Also the blue/black didnt look as sharp as it did on the moco site Pics.
They just got it in and its sold already. The new owner is suposed to pick it up today, but they already had a problem with it. The throttle quit working, they had it all tore apart.
Larry

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:59 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Originally Posted by lzski326
I just looked at the new Blue/Black Tri at my dealer last night. I think the fenders are the same width, I put my hand between the fender and the tire and just barely fit. I forgot to do that to my 09 when I got home. Also the blue/black didnt look as sharp as it did on the moco site Pics.
They just got it in and its sold already. The new owner is suposed to pick it up today, but they already had a problem with it. The throttle quit working, they had it all tore apart.
Larry

You guys are probably correct in stating that the 2011 fenders are the same width as the 09/10 TG’s. I was looking at the photo of the 2011 TG in Cool Blue Pearl and when comparing that photo to my Vivid Black, the Cool Blue fender looked wider. That could just be because black tends to make thing appear smaller or maybe some wishful thinking on my part.
Thanks!

Jim

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:50 PM
wiltat2
Tourer

Just saw a new 2011 Cool Blue Triglide a my dealers and I like the redesign of the trunk.

I think that door set up might actually keep the water out. My 09 still does not keep the water out even after the MC corrective changes.

Old 07-31-2010 | 06:17 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

I'm not so sure I'd want the lower ratio sproket change. It might be nice for the bottom end torque but it would cost you MPH & fuel milage at the top. Also I'm not an electrical engineer so working on a networked (HDLAN) system is probably going to be over my head.

Old 07-31-2010 | 06:54 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
I'm not so sure I'd want the lower ratio sproket change. It might be nice for the bottom end torque but it would cost you MPH & fuel milage at the top. Also I'm not an electrical engineer so working on a networked (HDLAN) system is probably going to be over my head.
GP... I thought the HDLAN is only for the Softails? Have you heard differently?

Old 07-31-2010 | 07:00 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
GP... I thought the HDLAN is only for the Softails? Have you heard differently?
No, I made the assumption that something as sophisticated as that being put on a softail would also be on the touring models.

Old 07-31-2010 | 07:09 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

I've heard reports that the current TG mileage actually drops when running in 6th----bogging down the engine?? Hmmm, it would be interesting to see reports on '11 gas mileage. Maybe different gearing=better engine efficiency=better mileage?

Old 07-31-2010 | 07:20 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

No, I made the assumption that something as sophisticated as that being put on a softail would also be on the touring models.

The 06 Dyna's were the testing grounds for the 02 sensors and larger journal cams, maybe the softail will be the testing ground for the LAN system and body control module along with the gas charcoal canister in the primary for the active purge? Wickedness spreads like a virus.

Quick Reply: 2011 TriGlide