Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Exhaust and A/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A comment on option #2, I noticed a slight low end torque increase and got a more crisp and responsive throttle by just redoing the headpipe.

When I put the SE-4" mufflers on the Tri went back to about the same way it was performing before????

When I aded the XIED's over a period of about a week the Tri runs fairly well, but it will still run a little stronger with the stock pipes and I am scratching my head trying to figure out why that fly by wire throttle feels so much better off idle by just putting my stocks back on.

I know if I had a fuel managment system like the TTS and a proper tune I could use the SE's and get a lot better performance but will not go to that expense without changing to the dyno tuned headpipe.

Just wierd that the OEM headpipe actually perform better with the stock mufflers after you decat!

Last edited by coupe55; 07-10-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 AM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Rob: I sure hope you were a true gentleman and rubbed some lotion on her inner thigh. By the way, did you ever make it to Americade?? Mike
LOL ... Good one Mike ;-)
No unfortunatly I never made it to Americade :-(
Had some deadlines that had to be met at work and could not take
any time off where I already planned a few days the follow week for
Laconia. My work place were not even happy about that but they
knew better ;-)
Since it has been hot here for the past week or so all the long rides
have been put off. Today we WERE going to take a nice long ride
out to Troy, NY out along the Mohawk Trail in MA then come back
through Southern VT. Most likely will put it off until September or
a cooler weekend in August.
Rob .....

Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by coupe55
When I aded the XIED's over a period of about a week the Tri runs fairly well, but it will still run a little stronger with the stock pipes
Coupe ...
Do yo have a part number or web link ?
Rob .....

Old 07-10-2010, 11:00 AM
CRBandit
Cruiser

Originally Posted by carlo
I don,t understand why Fuelmoto has a 10 week wait on the TG head pipe. Do I have to pay up front first then wait 10 weeks for there head pipe. Or are there so many TG's out there that they can't keep up with demand. If I can order one without them having my money for 10 weeks. I'll order one but I don't give my money to anyone up front for 10 weeks.
Talked with Fuel Moto yesterday and they now say the back-log is down to about 5 weeks and they take your card number but don't charge your account until they are ready to ship your pipe.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:08 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

OK ....
Another question for ya all .....
Ya I got nothing else to do today since it is so friggin HOT and now it is raining too :-(
Spent sometime google'ing x-pipes and such and spent sometime on OTHER forums.
Ya I seen you Msoco3 and Coupe and a few others on there too ... LOL ....
I read an interesting post on one of them .....
Ok ... so the 2009's have no cat and will fit on a 2010 except for the size of the
O2 bungs. OK ... I got that .....
What I read though ... now this is a question for the people in the know and those that have a PC V.
From what I read if I understood right was the PC V "DOES NOT" plug into the bungs
in the exhaust pipe. This true ?
So why not just buy a PC V and a 2009 head pipe for use on a 2010.
Or use the 2009 head pipe an XIED's ?
Ya I know I am a P.I.A. with all these questions BUT I am just looking for OTHER options.
Rob .....

Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 09 Pipes and PC-5

Originally Posted by robandlyn
OK ....
Another question for ya all .....
Ya I got nothing else to do today since it is so friggin HOT and now it is raining too :-(
Spent sometime google'ing x-pipes and such and spent sometime on OTHER forums.
Ya I seen you Msoco3 and Coupe and a few others on there too ... LOL ....
I read an interesting post on one of them .....
Ok ... so the 2009's have no cat and will fit on a 2010 except for the size of the
O2 bungs. OK ... I got that .....
What I read though ... now this is a question for the people in the know and those that have a PC V.
From what I read if I understood right was the PC V "DOES NOT" plug into the bungs
in the exhaust pipe. This true ?
So why not just buy a PC V and a 2009 head pipe for use on a 2010.
Or use the 2009 head pipe an XIED's ?
Ya I know I am a P.I.A. with all these questions BUT I am just looking for OTHER options.
Rob .....

The 09 pipe does not have the 12mm bungs in the 2010 Pipe location for the "02 sensors". The PC-5 does not plug directly to your 09 or 2010 pipe.

You have to take a coupe of 12mm weld in bungs and weld them in the correct position for the 2010 Sensors.

Probably could just plug the 2010 sensor bung off and run the PC-5 to the 19mm heated sensors in the pipes near the head in the 09 position. I doubt the PC-5 would care but don't know how the 2010 ECM would respond.

If I were to modify a 2009 headpipe I would put the 12mm bungs in the 2010 position and use the 2010 self heated 4 wire O2 Sensors. I believe the 09's are heated two wire so you won't have to fool with new adapter ends.

and yes M3 and I put our cape on every morning and go to the other forums fighting the 2010 heat monster where ever we can. It's a tough job but someone has to do it!

Last edited by coupe55; 07-10-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: add sentence
Old 07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coupe55
The 09 pipe does not have the 12mm bungs in the 2010 Pipe location for the "02 sensors". The PC-5 does not plug directly to your 09 or 2010 pipe.

You have to take a coupe of 12mm weld in bungs and weld them in the correct position for the 2010 Sensors.

Probably could just plug the 2010 sensor bung off and run the PC-5 to the 19mm heated sensors in the pipes near the head in the 09 position. I doubt the PC-5 would care but don't know how the 2010 ECM would respond.

If I were to modify a 2009 headpipe I would put the 12mm bungs in the 2010 position and use the 2010 self heated 4 wire O2 Sensors. I believe the 09's are heated two wire so you won't have to fool with new adapter ends.

and yes M3 and I put our cape on every morning and go to the other forums fighting the 2010 heat monster where ever we can. It's a tough job but someone has to do it!
Rob, with the PC V install on the '10s, the O2 sensors are unplugged from the ECM and tie-wrapped to a cable bundle. They would be installed again if you also went with Autotune setup.
If you installed an '09 headpipe w/the PC V, just plug the bung holes. As per Jamie and crew @Fuelmoto, the ECM will register codes with sensors unplugged but no harm done.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
robandlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by Boom
Rob, with the PC V install on the '10s, the O2 sensors are unplugged from the ECM and tie-wrapped to a cable bundle. They would be installed again if you also went with Autotune setup.
If you installed an '09 headpipe w/the PC V, just plug the bung holes. As per Jamie and crew @Fuelmoto, the ECM will register codes with sensors unplugged but no harm done.
That's what I thought.
Why buy fuel moto or fuelsac pipe if the bungs are not used anyway ?
That is if you use a PC V !
With all this research I did find a PLUS for my 07 Ultra to help with heat !
Fuelsac makes a pipe setup to change your stock setup to a dual.
http://www.fullsac.com/true-dual-kits.html
Rob .....

Old 07-10-2010, 04:02 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robandlyn
That's what I thought.
Why buy fuel moto or fuelsac pipe if the bungs are not used anyway ?
That is if you use a PC V !
With all this research I did find a PLUS for my 07 Ultra to help with heat !
Fuelsac makes a pipe setup to change your stock setup to a dual.
http://www.fullsac.com/true-dual-kits.html
Rob .....
Rob,
The two advantages of the Fuel Moto Jack pot head pipe over a stock 2009 head pipe:
Free flowing design of x-box
Stainless steel construction to rapidity dissipate the heat

I don’t know how much a ’09 head pipe would cost but I question if the savings (if any) would justify the difference in heat reduction performance between stock ’09 and Fuel Moto Jack pot.

I replaced my stock ’09 head pipe and have notice a considerable improvement!

Jim

Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have my headpipe & mufflers next week and I've got a TTS with a very close dyno tuned Ultra Limited map ready (thanks to the assistance of Mr Wizard). If my luck holds, I'll be installing it all next weekend & will report how it performs. One feature I'm anxious to try is that the throttle blade table is set so the electronic throttle will seem like a mechanical throttle.

Quick Reply: Exhaust and A/C