Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

10 Model Harley FlXXX Trike Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headpipe follow up question.

My 09 has the Cat as I am based and purchased in CA. Do you think the stock,non-cat, 09 pipes produce less heat? Enough to get those? Or just get new FM Jackpots? Additionally, since I have the SEST and no Dyno near me, will I not have potential issues without a proper MAP?

When we installed the SEST recently HD had us use the Police MAP and has been running better than ever.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by PopDukes

<snip>Additionally, since I have the SEST and no Dyno near me, will I not have potential issues without a proper MAP?

When we installed the SEST recently HD had us use the Police MAP and has been running better than ever.

Thanks
If you have the 3.004.0004 update on your SEST software then you can do your Smart Tune's. This is way better than no Dyno by far. Once done with the Smart Tune, send me a copy of your map for tweaking.

-wiz

Old 05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

Since I am a novice on this, my dealer has been doing this work and will check with them and get back to you.

THANKS, Wiz!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:33 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

My 09 has the Cat as I am based and purchased in CA. Do you think the stock,non-cat, 09 pipes produce less heat? Enough to get those? Or just get new FM Jackpots? Additionally, since I have the SEST and no Dyno near me, will I not have potential issues without a proper MAP?

Thanks
I have to believe either pipe would be an improvement. I know there was quite a bit of difference in felt heat between my 2010 with cat and my dads 2009 without cat. If I remember right the non cat 2009 head pipe for the Triglide was right around $370 from a 20% off dealer. The Jackpot head pipe is about $180 dollars more. You just need to figure out how much you care to spend and go with it. I believe the Jackpot pipe will be cooler than the factory pipe because of the material of construction. You could change the head pipe and then run the smart tune and take Mr Wizard up on his offer of tweaking it.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks
Originally Posted by msocko3
I have to believe either pipe would be an improvement. I know there was quite a bit of difference in felt heat between my 2010 with cat and my dads 2009 without cat. If I remember right the non cat 2009 head pipe for the Triglide was right around $370 from a 20% off dealer. The Jackpot head pipe is about $180 dollars more. You just need to figure out how much you care to spend and go with it. I believe the Jackpot pipe will be cooler than the factory pipe because of the material of construction. You could change the head pipe and then run the smart tune and take Mr Wizard up on his offer of tweaking it.
Pop, I agree with Mike, either pipe should make a substantial difference. You and I operate our TG’s in somewhat similar climates; my area being a little warmer. I replaced my stock 2009 (non-CAT) head pipe with the Jackpot pipe and have not regretted it. There is a substantial difference in both heat reduction and performance on my 2009 TG.

I always take the…”in for a penny; in for a pound” route so if it were my 2009 CAT pipe, I’d go with the Jack pot.

Last edited by TheJimer; 05-08-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:12 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

Thanks, Guy's and the offer Mr. Wizard. I'll do a little more homework on what my dealer has installed and will keep you posted. No doubt I'll go with the FM Jackpot!

Off to many countries the next 4-5 weeks and won't have time to play much!

Can't wait for my new PM Rims show up. Bought the Riviera chrome units (stock size) with front matching rotors. Hopefully by the end of May? But won't get to install because of my traveling until the end of June.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, Guy's and the offer Mr. Wizard. I'll do a little more homework on what my dealer has installed and will keep you posted. No doubt I'll go with the FM Jackpot!

Off to many countries the next 4-5 weeks and won't have time to play much!

Can't wait for my new PM Rims show up. Bought the Riviera chrome units (stock size) with front matching rotors. Hopefully by the end of May? But won't get to install because of my traveling until the end of June.
I'm certainly jealous. They are nice looking rims. You will have to post pictures when you get them installed.

Last edited by oldmsocko; 05-11-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

I will for sure. Been wanting to take some since the one I took up the coast. Have added some bling since then.

Thanks. I love the credit card. Actually I was not planning on spending that now, but the discount I got from them in Laughlin, I couldn't resist!

Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

I will for sure. Been wanting to take some since the one I took up the coast. Have added some bling since then.

Thanks. I love the credit card. Actually I was not planning on spending that now, but the discount I got from them in Laughlin, I couldn't resist!

Old 07-19-2010, 06:21 PM
agntjim
Intermediate

Jimer - we've talked before about the Trike heart problems. Couple of questions: (1) which V&H slip ons did you use?(Ovals, Monster Ovals, etc.) (2) Fuel Moto is backordered, however just in case, thought on V&H Power Duals instead of the Jackpots?

Thanks, we're attempting to put together the order for the 2011 Model, which it appears I can get in a couple of weeks from one dealer.

Thanks again!!

Jim

Quick Reply: 10 Model Harley FlXXX Trike Help