Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TG Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
In the rain!! I thought that was the best time to clean, that way you don't need to dry, cutting your work in half.
I often thought of coming up your way on a bike because of the beauty of the country. But road conditions tend to keep me away.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msocko3
Might it be because you only cover your Trike in the Winter when your not going to ride it for several months.

Dam! Wish I had that garage!! Great place for winter mods! Problem is, I'd probably always have my trike apart. You have a TV and stereo out there also?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
Adams ah!! Thank you, I'll see if I can find some around here.
Butch; I believe that Adams Detail Spray is only sold via the internet.
www.adamspolishes.com/c-11-detail-spray.aspx

Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I often thought of coming up your way on a bike because of the beauty of the country. But road conditions tend to keep me away.
Here in town the roads are paved. Summer time they try to keep the roads cleaned up for the tourists. To come to Juneau you'll have to ride to Bellingham, WA., Prince Rupert in Canada, Skagway or Haines, Alaska. Once you get to one of those places you catch the ferry boat or fly from where your at. Once here in town you can do a flight up on the Ice Caps, (you be amazed at the amount of Ice surrounding use) Whale watch, go fishing, etc. Come on up. Most of the construction on the roads are further up north. If anybody can give you an idea of what the road was like is Cubbear (Peggy) since Her and Mac just made that tripe. They didn't come to Juneau, but got dwn to Skagway, AK. Beautiful Country. I'm also riding in weather that most would not be in (like winter) that's why my trike is looking tough.
Butch

Old 04-02-2010, 11:51 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Thank you, I'll have to look into some of that. I can buy it by the balk.
Butch

Old 04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boom
Dam! Wish I had that garage!! Great place for winter mods! Problem is, I'd probably always have my trike apart. You have a TV and stereo out there also?
There definately is a stereo out there. Never gave it a thought about a TV.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:25 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

How well does it take off smashed on bugs.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:24 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

How well does it take off smashed on bugs.
Mike; after the fact ( meaning if the bugs are already on there before you applied any Adams Detail Spray) it probably works as well as any other quality product on the market. But where the Adams really excels is once you have several good coats on the bike/boat/car/plane/ whatever; bugs, water marks, road grime,etc comes of effortlessly; almost like preventative maintenance. I have so many coats of Adams on my trike and other vehicles that if I do have some hard to remove stuff, I use a “Scrubber Pad” (sponge with a course fish net type material) with some Adams on it and have no fear about scratching or marring my (black) paint.

This stuff is very poplar among the Corvette show circuit and works exceptionally well on fiberglass. Just spray some on a small area, use a micro-fiber cloth to wipe dry, flip the cloth or use a clean one to buff. You end up with a super slick shinny surface.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:21 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Mike; after the fact ( meaning if the bugs are already on there before you applied any Adams Detail Spray) it probably works as well as any other quality product on the market. But where the Adams really excels is once you have several good coats on the bike/boat/car/plane/ whatever; bugs, water marks, road grime,etc comes of effortlessly; almost like preventative maintenance. I have so many coats of Adams on my trike and other vehicles that if I do have some hard to remove stuff, I use a “Scrubber Pad” (sponge with a course fish net type material) with some Adams on it and have no fear about scratching or marring my (black) paint.

This stuff is very poplar among the Corvette show circuit and works exceptionally well on fiberglass. Just spray some on a small area, use a micro-fiber cloth to wipe dry, flip the cloth or use a clean one to buff. You end up with a super slick shinny surface.
What all Adams products are you using on the Triglide? I'm a wax junkie, always searching for the perfect product.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:10 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

What all Adams products are you using on the Triglide? I'm a wax junkie, always searching for the perfect product.
Adams makes a bunch of car care products; the only one I’ve tried is their pink “Detail Spray”. I buy it by the gallon and dispense it in a 16oz. spray bottle, I also carry a 4oz. and some micro-fiber rags in my Tour-Pak.

Mike, if you are true “Wax Junkie”; here’s another GREAT product to try….”REJEX” www.corrosionxproducts.com it’s a wax that was developed for the military for their Chinook Helicopters. Because of the location and the large diameter of the exhaust stack, the exhaust was burring the paint off the side of the helicopters. Now they apply the “RejeX” and the is problem.

The very first thing I do to every new vehicle I buy is apply a coat of RejeX, than I maintain it with several (hundred) coats of Adams Detail Spray. The two products make a great combination!

Quick Reply: TG Mirrors