Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TG Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:08 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Mine never get out of adjustment from covering on a trip.
Might it be because you only cover your Trike in the Winter when your not going to ride it for several months.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:05 AM
eglide3wheeler
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a set of sportster mirrors they set out right to the tips of the handle bars and are at the same height as the stock mirrors.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
Boom!! From the sounds of things I think I'll just have to be content with the bars I have.
Butch
I guess I didn't plan this as well as I thought. Unknown issues with TBW and working within a fairing. My '05 Road Glide wiring was done outside the fairing with soldered extensions, no TBW, no electric reverse cable.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by msocko3
Might it be because you only cover your Trike in the Winter when your not going to ride it for several months.

No, I don't cover the trike while it sits in the garage unless I'm creating a big mess. I always cover the bike/trike cause of the dew from over nighting while on a trip, around here if your ride site out for any amount of time during the day (work). Here ravens will try to pull the seats apart plus poop all over your ride. They are a curious bunch. I already replaced one seat cause of them. Being on the water we have alot of trouble with them, nothing's safe, plus periodic rain shows. And we usually have a pretty good breeze/windy which whips the cover around.

Last edited by SEAlaskan; 04-01-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:07 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

No, I don't cover the trike while it sits in the garage unless I'm creating a big mess. I always cover the bike/trike cause of the dew from over nighting while on a trip, around here if your ride site out for any amount of time during the day (work). Here ravens will try to pull the seats apart plus poop all over your ride. They are a curious bunch. I already replaced one seat cause of them. Being on the water we have alot of trouble with them, nothing's safe, plus periodic rain shows. And we usually have a pretty good breeze/windy which wipes the cover around.
I normally only cover when I put them in long term storage. I'm glad I don't have the bird problems where I travel. My bikes have always slept under the stars rain or shine when traveling, I'm paranoid about micro scratching from the cover if I don't get it clean enough which is pretty tough to do 1,000 mile from home. In 2008 when we went to SD I couldn't keep up with the dang bugs, it was plain nasty trying to get the stuck on mess off the bike not to mention all the dust and road crud.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty much **** all the time. Whether I'm traveling or at home. When I travel I always clean the bike at the end of each day after it cools down. The only time I don't clean is if I get caught in rain and there is alot of road grime on it.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by msocko3
I normally only cover when I put them in long term storage. I'm glad I don't have the bird problems where I travel. My bikes have always slept under the stars rain or shine when traveling, I'm paranoid about micro scratching from the cover if I don't get it clean enough which is pretty tough to do 1,000 mile from home. In 2008 when we went to SD I couldn't keep up with the dang bugs, it was plain nasty trying to get the stuck on mess off the bike not to mention all the dust and road crud.
Boy my paint job is a mess. I given up trying to keep the paint from getting scratched. With all the dust in the air and the dirt left on the road from the dump truck and other equipment. I've got scratches, rock chips, you name it and I do a lousy job with the touch up, and the trike is a little over a year old. I figure in about another year it'll need a new paint job, maybe DOT Orange. Speaking of bugs, I have to laugh at my friends bike. He has an Ulta Classic in white pearl and when we go a trip his bike is no longer pearl white, it's a psychedelic color from all the bugs hitting it.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I'm pretty much **** all the time. Whether I'm traveling or at home. When I travel I always clean the bike at the end of each day after it cools down. The only time I don't clean is if I get caught in rain and there is alot of road grime on it.
In the rain!! I thought that was the best time to clean, that way you don't need to dry, cutting your work in half.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy my paint job is a mess. I given up trying to keep the paint from getting scratched. With all the dust in the air and the dirt left on the road from the dump truck and other equipment. I've got scratches, rock chips, you name it and I do a lousy job with the touch up, and the trike is a little over a year old. I figure in about another year it'll need a new paint job, maybe DOT Orange. Speaking of bugs, I have to laugh at my friends bike. He has an Ulta Classic in white pearl and when we go a trip his bike is no longer pearl white, it's a psychedelic color from all the bugs hitting it.
Try some Adams Detail spray very easy to use and with a couple coats of Adams on there you don’t have worry about scratching the paint when dusting of the bike; great stuff!

Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Try some Adams Detail spray very easy to use and with a couple coats of Adams on there you don’t have worry about scratching the paint when dusting of the bike; great stuff!
Adams ah!! Thank you, I'll see if I can find some around here.

Quick Reply: TG Mirrors