Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Stage 1, AC and "super trap" slip-ons-anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010 | 03:07 PM
10Glider
|
Novice
Default Stage 1, AC and "super trap" slip-ons-anyone done this?

I'm thinking of doing the HD Stage-1 upgrade, high-flow air cleaner element, and SE slip-on mufflers which I believe are made by Super Trap (they sure look like 'em), plus a re-map. Anyone done this yet, and if so, how'd it work out for you? Cost? Loudness? Performance? Thanks.

Old 03-03-2010 | 03:28 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Default Funny you should mention that............

I have all the parts ready to install. Just waiting for an opportune time. I have the Fuelmoto headpipe, SE air cleaner, PC V w/appropriate map, and Supertrapp SE slip-ons w/slash-down tips. I became convinced to buy the SE slip-ons because they were recommended by some of the members here. It's not a loud muffler but should give a nice subtle rumble and good performance. They used to be a Harley accessory before the EPA started tightening the reigns.

Old 03-03-2010 | 04:08 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

I have the SE 4" slashdown muffs, SE air cleaner, & Stage I download on my 2010. Cause they were done prior to my taking delivery of the TG, I can't compare it to stock. It doesn't perform like my old Dyna but then it weighs about 50~75% more so I don't expect it too. It's too early to tell about the exhaust heat factor as I only got it in December & I haven't got a ride in above 60 degrees yet.

Old 03-03-2010 | 04:30 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
I have the SE 4" slashdown muffs, SE air cleaner, & Stage I download on my 2010. Cause they were done prior to my taking delivery of the TG, I can't compare it to stock. It doesn't perform like my old Dyna but then it weighs about 50~75% more so I don't expect it too. It's too early to tell about the exhaust heat factor as I only got it in December & I haven't got a ride in above 60 degrees yet.
I have the above on my 09 TG. It runs very well but on the hot side but nothing compared to the 2010. I had the SE 255 cams installed this winter but don't what diffrerence they made. I also installed the 10 row Jagg oil cooler.

Old 03-15-2010 | 09:42 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Default Upgrades.............

Since the weather was so crappy here back East over the weekend, I was able to get my TG in for thousand mile service then I brought it home and tore it apart.
Installed the Fuelmoto headpipe---very impressed with workmanship and ease of install. I also installed a +4" clutch cable but that's for a mod at a later date.
At this point, I haven't installed the PC V or SE AC. I just wanted to get the exhaust installed and check for leaks. The trike immediately started so I let it run for a few minutes. The ambient temp in my garage was at 60* and the EITMS did NOT kick in. This may not have been a valid test but I'm impressed so far. The Supertrapp SEs have a nice subtle tone----maybe a little more crack in the tone than stock. I'm anxious to get it out on the road with everything installed!

P.S
It took me the better part of the weekend to install what I did. I wasn't able to get the trike jacked-up (that's another story) and didn't want to waste time messing with that issue. So most of my time was spent crawling on my cold garage floor!

EDIT: Couldn't find any decent ramps anywhere in stock.

Last edited by Boom; 03-15-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2010 | 02:14 PM
Glyder
Road Captain

Pair of car ramps makes working underneath the TriGlide easy

Old 03-15-2010 | 03:21 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

Have been running the SE Stage 1 AC for 4000 miles. It did help a little bit on temp. Maybe 2-5 degrees??

Also using the V&H tapered slash cut slip ons. Love them. Nice sound, medium loudness.

Running around 245 degrees now with 20-60 Redline (only tested in 60 degree so far).

Installing UltraCool oil cooler and of month.

Will run long distance (300 miles in a few weeks through the desert). We'll see then.

Old 03-15-2010 | 05:56 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boom
I haven't installed the PC V or SE AC.
Just a heads up on the SE AC install. The hex bolts on the top of the Induction module which you will have to remove are a PIA. I can't remember the size but you will need to cut down the hex wrench so it clears the tank, that is unless you want to lift the tank.

Old 03-15-2010 | 08:25 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by msocko3
Just a heads up on the SE AC install. The hex bolts on the top of the Induction module which you will have to remove are a PIA. I can't remember the size but you will need to cut down the hex wrench so it clears the tank, that is unless you want to lift the tank.
As a matter of fact I just walked in from the garage after installing the PIA, lol! You are correct about the screws. I did pop off the fuel line and raise the tank the thickness of a 2x4. I was more able to see the screws and clamped small vise grips to the allen wrench---3/16" I think. Those screws had to have more loctite than anywhere else on the trike! Taping under the fuel tank is a must to protect the paint.
Also, what do you do with the plastic piece that clipped on to the bracket that was thrown away? It's just kinda hangin there.

Old 03-16-2010 | 06:09 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boom
Also, what do you do with the plastic piece that clipped on to the bracket that was thrown away? It's just kinda hangin there.
Its setting in my tool box, didn't see any reason to have it just flopping around.

Quick Reply: Stage 1, AC and "super trap" slip-ons-anyone done this?