Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Stage 1, AC and "super trap" slip-ons-anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010 | 09:55 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Dam, that sounds good!! I'd be anxious to see/hear a video of it out on the highway.
Any figures on drop of fuel mileage? Runs cooler?

Old 03-21-2010 | 10:01 AM
Randy_3
6th Gear

Thanks, I will make on for you next week. As far on fuel I was getting 36-38 on hwy now we are looking at 27-30 according to how hard I am on it. But it is loud and fast, wicked fast!

Old 03-21-2010 | 10:02 AM
Randy_3
6th Gear

I did not notice any cooler but I wasn't looking for that yet it is still cool hear in the hills of WV.

Old 03-22-2010 | 10:18 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Randy_3
I just Put stage II, 411 cams, race tuner and pythons on mine and made a huge differance on climbing hills, has real good sound I think anyways, quick on take-off and hard on gas. I think this is the link to a video I put on U-Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ1YydQGpds

Sounds nice. 411 cams? Who makes them.

Old 03-22-2010 | 06:15 PM
Randy_3
6th Gear

Bought them through Harley dealer

Old 03-23-2010 | 04:41 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Are they an HD cam or an aftermarket cam??

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:48 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Does 211 ring a bell, does it pull real hard in the upper RPM range. I know the SE211 cam has a pretty lumpy idle and pulls real hard in the mid to upper RPM range.

Old 03-23-2010 | 10:05 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Default Loss of torque?

Not looking to complain, but with the Supertrapp SEs, new headpipe, SE AC, PC V installed, I seem to have a loss of torque after my TG heats up. I have to give it more throttle at a dead start, as I did with stock, but there is a definite lag for a few seconds until it gets moving. It's almost like a timing lag until it hits a certain rpm. Typical? Would different slip-ons make a difference or does this warrant a cam change as you others have discussed?

Last edited by Boom; 03-23-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-23-2010 | 10:54 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Boom
Not looking to complain, but with the Supertrapp SEs, new headpipe, SE AC, PC V installed, I seem to have a loss of torque after my TG heats up. I have to give it more throttle at a dead start, as I did with stock, but there is a definite lag for a few seconds until it gets moving. It's almost like a timing lag until it hits a certain rpm. Typical? Would different slip-ons make a difference or does this warrant a cam change as you others have discussed?
Boom; I don’t know that slip-on’s will make a difference in your acceleration. I have too have Jack Pot Pipes, PC-V and a SE A/C but I also have a TW6-6 cam and V&H Ovals and have not experienced any lag or bog upon acceleration. As a matter of fact, it’s just the opposite, since the installs my TG just wants to take off.

I just thought of something else that may make a difference; ever since Harley came out with the EITMS, I got into the habit of cracking the throttle before releasing the clutch. I do this consistently at each light winter & summer even though the EITMS did not kick in. I do this so that I develop a standard routine and don’t forget to do it when the system does kick on. This would be a simple thing to experiment with before you make any mod changes.

Keep us posted on how you make out.

Old 03-23-2010 | 12:05 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TheJimer

I just thought of something else that may make a difference; ever since Harley came out with the EITMS, I got into the habit of cracking the throttle before releasing the clutch. I do this consistently at each light winter & summer even though the EITMS did not kick in. I do this so that I develop a standard routine and don’t forget to do it when the system does kick on. This would be a simple thing to experiment with before you make any mod changes.

Keep us posted on how you make out.
Thanks. Yeah, I got self conscious about the EITMS and do give it throttle before letting the clutch out. Still lags. I was told at one time that certain slip-ons will drop low-end torque but enhance acceleration. These SEs probably don't have that characteristic. Time will tell. As the temperature increases here in the east, I see what you guys in the hi temp areas have been talking about with excessive engine heat.

Quick Reply: Stage 1, AC and "super trap" slip-ons-anyone done this?