Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Stage 1, AC and "super trap" slip-ons-anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010 | 08:12 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by msocko3
Its setting in my tool box, didn't see any reason to have it just flopping around.
That's kind of a tight spot for my eyes and hands. Is there some kind of wiring connector that clips in there and it's easy to undo that plastic? I know there wasn't much slack in the wiring to pull the whole thing out very far. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2010 | 10:02 AM
bdn56
Road Captain

I had the Super Trapp slip ons for several months before I took my 07 Ultra in for the A/C and HD canned download. I wasn't very impressed with performance gains. Not enough to notice. The bike did sound good though.

I would never pay for another HD canned download.

Old 03-16-2010 | 05:27 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boom
That's kind of a tight spot for my eyes and hands. Is there some kind of wiring connector that clips in there and it's easy to undo that plastic? I know there wasn't much slack in the wiring to pull the whole thing out very far. Thanks.
I can't remember what was holding it to the wires. I'm out of town right now, if I remember when I get home I'll look at the piece and see if I can remember how it was on there.

Old 03-16-2010 | 07:29 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by msocko3
I can't remember what was holding it to the wires. I'm out of town right now, if I remember when I get home I'll look at the piece and see if I can remember how it was on there.
Thanks anyway! I got it. Just enough fidgeting with the connectors somehow released them from the bracket clips. Thank goodness I got that out of the way!
I think those connectors have something to do with the auto compression release. No wonder no one knew what I was talking about.

Old 03-17-2010 | 01:28 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks anyway! I got it. Just enough fidgeting with the connectors somehow released them from the bracket clips. Thank goodness I got that out of the way!
I think those connectors have something to do with the auto compression release. No wonder no one knew what I was talking about.
I looked at the piece this afternoon and the connectors just slid onto it as you have discovered. Not sure where the connectors go, never bothered to find out. You may be right though.

Old 03-17-2010 | 01:46 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

If it's the same thing I think it is, I had a mechanic tell me that it's the active intake solenoid connector used on the European bikes only. They have some solenoid activated flapper air valve for emission purposes.
Just saying what he said.

Old 03-17-2010 | 07:38 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
If it's the same thing I think it is, I had a mechanic tell me that it's the active intake solenoid connector used on the European bikes only. They have some solenoid activated flapper air valve for emission purposes.
Just saying what he said.
Well, I guess that could equate to the ACR solenoids. I was cruising the service manual, saw a picture of the little ACR valves on the underside of the heads. THe connectors on the top-side looked familiar with the ones I just disconnected from the bracket.

Old 03-17-2010 | 07:41 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bdn56
I had the Super Trapp slip ons for several months before I took my 07 Ultra in for the A/C and HD canned download. I wasn't very impressed with performance gains. Not enough to notice. The bike did sound good though.

I would never pay for another HD canned download.
What did you replace your Supertrapps with? Did you finally get a good performance gain?

Old 03-18-2010 | 01:55 PM
bdn56
Road Captain

What did you replace your Supertrapps with? Did you finally get a good performance gain?
I sold the 07 and bought an 08. I have the Rush 2.0 on now. I like it.

Old 03-21-2010 | 09:44 AM
Randy_3
6th Gear

I just Put stage II, 411 cams, race tuner and pythons on mine and made a huge differance on climbing hills, has real good sound I think anyways, quick on take-off and hard on gas. I think this is the link to a video I put on U-Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ1YydQGpds

Quick Reply: Stage 1, AC and "super trap" slip-ons-anyone done this?