Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Jackpot Head Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:27 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Jackpot Head Pipe

Just finished installing the Jackpot head pipe on my 2010 Triglide. Sure can tell the difference in the sound between the stock head pipe and the Jackpot. The exhaust note is louder and seems to be deeper than it was. I'm using the Screamin’ Eagle Street Performance 2 Black One Piece Slip-On Mufflers which are 50 state legal. If you follow the instructions Fuel Moto includes with the head pipe you should have no issues. One item of note is the extension piece on the right side has to be rotated until you achieve the proper clearance between the rear muffler mount and the frame. I used all the factory torque values and procedures to tighten all the fasteners with the only exception being the clamp for the extension piece to the right muffler. This I just tightened down and then checked for leaks when I fired it up. I did snap a couple pictures.

This is the factory 2010 head pipe along with the Jackpot head pipe. The factory pipe is one heavy sucker compared to the Jackpot head pipe.

Here is the completed install.

Now if Mother Nature would only provide some warmth to melt the snow along with some rain to wash down the salt I'll be all set for a nice little putt.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jackpot Head Pipe Install

MSOCKO3
Thank you for the photo's and input on your install, that's great. I am also looking at installing the Fuelmoto head pipes on my 09 Tri-glide sometime this summer. I've been whatching you with the progress on you and your dad's tri-glide and can't wait for the road tests. I'm really intrested in the out come of the 255 cam on your dad's trike.
Thank You
Butch

Old 02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Just finished installing the Jackpot head pipe on my 2010 Triglide. Sure can tell the difference in the sound between the stock head pipe and the Jackpot. The exhaust note is louder and seems to be deeper than it was. I'm using the Screamin’ Eagle Street Performance 2 Black One Piece Slip-On Mufflers which are 50 state legal. If you follow the instructions Fuel Moto includes with the head pipe you should have no issues. One item of note is the extension piece on the right side has to be rotated until you achieve the proper clearance between the rear muffler mount and the frame. I used all the factory torque values and procedures to tighten all the fasteners with the only exception being the clamp for the extension piece to the right muffler. This I just tightened down and then checked for leaks when I fired it up. I did snap a couple pictures.

This is the factory 2010 head pipe along with the Jackpot head pipe. The factory pipe is one heavy sucker compared to the Jackpot head pipe.

Here is the completed install.

Now if Mother Nature would only provide some warmth to melt the snow along with some rain to wash down the salt I'll be all set for a nice little putt.
Thanks for the update, now maybe you can quit buying right boots and this may be the cure for the cooked right foot syndrome!

36 degree's with snow tonight and tomorrow, it ain't never gonna end!

Old 02-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested in finding out if the pipe at the rear cylinder port still glows red! Will these stainless pipes also blue-out or do they have different characteristics?

Mike, I haven't seen that style air cleaner with the matching painted insert before. Harley Screamin Eagle part?

Last edited by Boom; 02-14-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:59 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boom
I would be interested in finding out if the pipe at the rear cylinder port still glows red! Will these stainless pipes also blue-out or do they have different characteristics?

Mike, I haven't seen that style air cleaner with the matching painted insert before. Harley Screamin Eagle part?
The 304 Stainless exhaust I had on a truck I used to own got a sort of brownish black color to it over time from the heat. If I remember from another thread, you bought a package including the PCV from Fuel Moto. The PCV from them will come with a map preloaded for your parts combo which will make things run cooler.

The air cleaner is a SE Ventilator PN 29490-09. I decided I wanted something a little different this time.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

How long to change the pipes? Do you need to jack up the bike or put it on a lift?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
How long to change the pipes? Do you need to jack up the bike or put it on a lift?
I didn't really time myself so I don't know how long it took me. You do need to be able to get the back of the Trike in the air enough you can get under it.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
62hdbiker
Tourer

Thanks, What did you use to jack it up? where did you place the jack?

Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
Thanks, What did you use to jack it up? where did you place the jack?
This picture shows the the strap we use to hold the front end down and then the jack can be seen under the trike. I use the jack from our table lift to jack the Triglide up. If you look under the Trike you will see a heavy plate which covers the transmission & engine oil pan. This is the place you use to jack the back end up. In the owners manual there is instructions for jacking the Triglide up. My dad put some anchors in the concrete floor of the garage that we use to strap the front end down with. I always place a 4x6 under each back tire as a safety along with setting the parking brake and putting the transmission in 1st gear. I'm a bit chicken, I don't feel like bench pressing the back of the trike I think it may be a little over my 1 rep max.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer

Thanks- a pic is worth a thousand words. Is that all you had to jack it up to remove the pipe?

Quick Reply: Jackpot Head Pipe