Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Jackpot Head Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Jim: That is a good idea. What I don't understand is with the set up that you have why are you messing around with car ramps??
Mike, I had the car ramps long before I bought the car lift and converted it to accommodate the trike. I also have a MC jack, several floor jacks & jack stands; this gives me the versatility to choose right tool for the job at hand. Sort of the best of all worlds!

If it is a small quick job like tightening a muffler clap, I’ll pull the trike up on the car ramps and simply slide under the trike. If it’s a more involved task like detailing the undercarriage of the trike; it’s worth while moving cars around and setting up the car lift to handle the trike.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Mike, I had the car ramps long before I bought the car lift and converted it to accommodate the trike. I also have a MC jack, several floor jacks & jack stands; this gives me the versatility to choose right tool for the job at hand. Sort of the best of all worlds!

If it is a small quick job like tightening a muffler clap, I’ll pull the trike up on the car ramps and simply slide under the trike. If it’s a more involved task like detailing the undercarriage of the trike; it’s worth while moving cars around and setting up the car lift to handle the trike.
Jim: Your as bad as I am. I thought I was the only one who detailed the underside of their bike. If I ever get out your way we are certainly going to have to meet up.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:51 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Jim: Your as bad as I am. I thought I was the only one who detailed the underside of their bike. If I ever get out your way we are certainly going to have to meet up.
Mike, I look forward to that meeting…then just maybe you could convince my wife that I am not the only excessive compulsive on this planet!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:14 PM
MileHighHarley
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, the pics are super helpful, cald you thought to snap some pics while you worked. Explaining how you jacked it up would not have been as clear i think...

brian
www.americancustom.com

Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
dwdet10
Advanced

What, if any, benefit would I gain with the Jackpot Headpipe installed on my '09 TG? I already have a PC-V from Jaime. I am waiting for them to ship my SE AC and I am also waiting for the arrival of my Vanced and Hines Black Widow slip on exhaust ( http://www.rideshack.com/widow-slip-...m?1=1&CartID=0 ). Thanks!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More HP?

Originally Posted by dwdet10
What, if any, benefit would I gain with the Jackpot Headpipe installed on my '09 TG? I already have a PC-V from Jaime. I am waiting for them to ship my SE AC and I am also waiting for the arrival of my Vanced and Hines Black Widow slip on exhaust ( http://www.rideshack.com/widow-slip-...m?1=1&CartID=0 ). Thanks!

Check out the dyno numbers for the pipe they sell for the Ultra Classic over stock, same headpipe only with extensions for the Tri Glide.

If the numbers hold true for the Tri also that is a respectible gain in HP and Torque for the price considering you will/should shed some heat with the stainless steel pipe.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dwdet10
The heat reduction benefit from installing a set of Jack Pots on your 2009 will very depending on the ambient temperatures you operate in. I have a 2009 and operate in a climate that routinely has 100 + degree temps. The Jackpots along with a V&H Slip-ons, PC-V, SE Ventilator A/C, Jagg 10 row oil cooler, Big Sky oil cooler fan, LeNale Parade Fan, Wood TW6-6 Cam and Redline 20W60 Synthetic Oil have all allowed me to reduce my engine oil temps from 300* on a 100* day to about 230* on a 100* day.

Unfortunately there is no cheep way out, no one single mod will significantly reduce your oil temps, it will take a combination of many items and the decision as to what heat reduction mods to do will be dictated upon the environment you operate in.

In addition to heat reduction, the Jackpots will also deliver some additional performance and torque not to mention a neat rumble sound.