Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide bling installs.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zoood

>WO575 for Electra/Ultra Glide< this is the style I have on my trike. Only got them in powder coated black. They do come in chrome. Their a fatter bar. But also requires you to purchase from a dealer. (probably purchase else-wheres too. )A one piece clamp that replaces your two stock clamps for mounting the handle bars to the upper tree.

yes theres an enough clearance for the GPS

zoood/RJ
Thanks zoood! That pretty much locks in my choice. However, what clutch cable did you get (pn)? What is the increase in length? I have the TBW which you don't so I guess I'd have to lengthen those wires also. I also looked at these which are 1"...........https://www.phatperformanceparts.com...uctCode=300515
I do like chubbies though since I had them on my RG and Deuce.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 AM
triglide 2010
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my new TG pin striped and the HD paint protection kit applied. Looks good and my pin striper said it can be easily replaced if necessary.
Question has anyone else noticed any of what appears to be the beginning of pitting on the rear rims??

Old 12-30-2009, 11:06 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by triglide 2010
I just had my new TG pin striped and the HD paint protection kit applied. Looks good and my pin striper said it can be easily replaced if necessary.
Question has anyone else noticed any of what appears to be the beginning of pitting on the rear rims??
Aluminum rims are notorious for staining and are difficult to maintain; that is why I had my TG wheels chrome plated. The chrome wheels are a breeze to maintain and IMO look a lot better.

Please share a photo of your pin striping, I’d like to see what you had done.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I forget the part number on the clutch cable. It was from barnet and I had gotten the 8" over. At first i thought I had gotten it too long. But it does work nicely. When I fished the wires through the handle bars. I also added extras. Just incase, I added anything else that needed power to those areas.

Also, for your handle bar selection other than what I chose. make sure of your width between grip to grip. I believe mines 34". When making a sharp turn. I didnt want to have to over reach to do so.

zoood/RJ

Originally Posted by Boom
Thanks zoood! That pretty much locks in my choice. However, what clutch cable did you get (pn)? What is the increase in length? I have the TBW which you don't so I guess I'd have to lengthen those wires also. I also looked at these which are 1"...........https://www.phatperformanceparts.com...uctCode=300515
I do like chubbies though since I had them on my RG and Deuce.

Last edited by zoood; 12-30-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: extra comment
Old 12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Aluminum rims are notorious for staining and are difficult to maintain; that is why I had my TG wheels chrome plated. The chrome wheels are a breeze to maintain and IMO look a lot better.
+1, aluminium is more work to keep up. Got to watch the brake dust with the raw alumina or it will pit them.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
triglide 2010
Stage II
Thumbs down

Thanks for the heads up. Chrome would be nice but it’s not in the budget right now. I’ll try and get some photos this weekend of the new art.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tri-Glide Bling Update

Originally Posted by TheJimer

Please share a photo of your pin striping, I’d like to see what you had done.
Just an update,... JHS has just left his 09 Tri-Glide at my shop for a week, maybe even two. I had made some mirror polished SS backing plates for his rear wheels. And even though his wheels are the stock aluminum mags. The backing plates really changed their looks for the better. I'm sure they will be totally outstanding with the rear mags chromed. The plates will also greatly reduce or even eliminate the brake dust that gets on the outside of the mags. I had also designed fender skirts for his trike as well. When all is finished. I'll post pictures. Since his trike will be here for a week or more. I plan on trying out a few more ideas I have for the Tri-Glides.

zoood/RJ

Old 01-10-2010, 06:58 PM
trikejoe
Stage IV

No Real bling... but did add a few items to the tri-glide '10 stock.. larger windshield, backrest and rack on the rear, and some batwing deflectors. Now looking to do a nice pin strip paint job in silver.. or maybe(could be too radical), reflective silver.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trikejoe
No Real bling... but did add a few items to the tri-glide '10 stock.. larger windshield, backrest and rack on the rear, and some batwing deflectors. Now looking to do a nice pin strip paint job in silver.. or maybe(could be too radical), reflective silver.
My interpretation of "bling" is anything added to your machine that isn't stock. You done good!
If someone attached a beer tap to their tourpak, I would consider that bling.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boom
My interpretation of "bling" is anything added to your machine that isn't stock. You done good!
If someone attached a beer tap to their tourpak, I would consider that bling.
Technically, I think that the beer taper would have to be chrome to qualify as true bling-brew; otherwise it would just be another “hopped-up” trike!
!

Last edited by TheJimer; 01-11-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide bling installs.....