Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide bling installs.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the streamers on the grips would be a nice touch.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I think the streamers on the grips would be a nice touch.
Only if they are strips of Corinthian leather.....

Old 11-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by coupe55
I found some Mud Flaps from JC Whitney that look better than the HD Mud Flaps for the Tri Glide also. Around 30 bucks so a lot cheaper. Chrome insert with a gold eagle, the HD just has red lettering. Will try to get some pics, they look good on the black bikes.
Coupe,

Can you give me a part number on those flaps or a link? Thanks.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Default 83989-10 transparent paint guard kit

Does anyone have this 12-piece kit on their trike? The catalog says the "material can easily be removed and replaced". I just wonder if that means this stuff will bubble easily. I'd like to have some kind of protection to keep klutzy passengers from gouging the finish (and myself).

Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boom
Here's another example of a part listed in the catalog that fits later touring bikes but in parenthesis says "not for trikes". I just had a long discussion with a parts manager about this issue concerning a backrest. He said if the catalog says that, then there is a reason for it. I bought the backrest and was told if it doesn't fit and I damage it, they won't refund my money. I said I understand but wanted it anyway.
Someone with an '09 TG Ultra told me this backrest, 52572-09A and associated mount hardware, fit and installed OK in his TG. Anyone else successfully installed this backrest with no modifications? I'd like to find out before pulling the seat and attempting the mod. I guess I'm trying to avoid paying an extra hundred bucks for the backrest that is "specifically" designed for the TG.
The first mod I made to my TG was a stock Ultra backrest and it bolted on without any modifications! After a very short riding time I realized that I did not like the stock Harley seat and replaced it with a Mustang seat with a backrest.

Boon, welcome to “New Model -Club Frustration”; as you do your mods, you are going to encounter many parts that Harley says will “NOT” fit a TG and actually “DO” and you will also discover some parts that they say “WILL” fit a TG and “DON’T”! Like it or not, us early TG owners are training some of these parts guru’s and not getting paid for it!

I buy most of my parts from Chicago Harley and have had a hard time returning something that did not work!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have this 12-piece kit on their trike? The catalog says the "material can easily be removed and replaced". I just wonder if that means this stuff will bubble easily. I'd like to have some kind of protection to keep klutzy passengers from gouging the finish (and myself).
Boom
I bought a roll about 8" wide x 12 feet (have it at home) at a local car parts store. It is used for rocker panels on cars/trucks to keep chips away.
From what I read on the package it goes on the same way as HD's.
I am going to try to put it on this Friday. Lynn already rubbed the paint
away (just a little spot) with her leathers on the tank (from gripping tank
while making a turn). I got some heavy duty clear tape on it now.
Rob .....

Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TheJimer
The first mod I made to my TG was a stock Ultra backrest and it bolted on without any modifications! After a very short riding time I realized that I did not like the stock Harley seat and replaced it with a Mustang seat with a backrest.

Boon, welcome to “New Model -Club Frustration”; as you do your mods, you are going to encounter many parts that Harley says will “NOT” fit a TG and actually “DO” and you will also discover some parts that they say “WILL” fit a TG and “DON’T”! Like it or not, us early TG owners are training some of these parts guru’s and not getting paid for it!

I buy most of my parts from Chicago Harley and have had a hard time returning something that did not work!
Thanks Jim! Yea, I've had several Harleys in the past with accessories that they SAY fit that particular model but require a lot of knuckle-bustin' to get them to fit. Makes me wonder who does that engineering!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by robandlyn
Boom
I bought a roll about 8" wide x 12 feet (have it at home) at a local car parts store. It is used for rocker panels on cars/trucks to keep chips away.
From what I read on the package it goes on the same way as HD's.
I am going to try to put it on this Friday. Lynn already rubbed the paint
away (just a little spot) with her leathers on the tank (from gripping tank
while making a turn). I got some heavy duty clear tape on it now.
Rob .....
Rob, I'd like to know how you make out on that. I think one of the site sponsors sells a pre-cut kit of that material. I believe it's a bit pricier than the HD stuff but better.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We had the HD kit installed on our 2010 TG in September when we picked up the bike new. We have already removed the fender portion of this protection kit because, unless you are extremely careful, it is very easy to scuff this area with your boots when getting off/on the TG. The scuffs can not be buffed out without destroying the the plastic coating & are very noticeable & very objectionable. Wish we had known this before we spent the money on it. If you are very aware of your fenders when getting off/on, then you should not have a problem with it. A new rider or passenger must be very conscious of that until it becomes second nature.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:23 PM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damm ... I was wrong it was not 8" X 12' .....
It is 5 3/4" x 75 FEET for the outrageous price of $15.99 .... LOL ....
Here is the link ...
http://www.sharpline.com/auto.html

and it is listed under DuraShield Surface Protection Film
I got it at an auto store called C.A.P. (Consumer Auto Parts).

Rob .....

Last edited by robandlyn; 11-18-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide bling installs.....