Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 07:03 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Kind of wondering about that statement too.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:25 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Kind of wondering about that statement too.
It's pretty much like the statement "You can't always believe what you see on the internet". I had one Harley tech tell me that when I was explaining why he was wrong, problem was he didn't know I could prove he was wrong. I will say there are some folks on the internet who are full of **** clean up to their eyeballs, you just have to read between the lines to sniff out the BS.

Last edited by msocko3; 11-23-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:32 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,625 Likes on 1,623 Posts

great, now you have a tech that don't know what he's talking about wanting to align your trike. that's why i hate going to the dealers for anything.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:47 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Major reason I use an indie unless it's a simple fix or is warranty related. No choice in the latter unless I want to pay for it out of pocket.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:40 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
great, now you have a tech that don't know what he's talking about wanting to align your trike. that's why i hate going to the dealers for anything.
Yeah, I have a trike with 600 miles on it needing what turns out to be both shocks replaced because they are leaking and apparently a senior tech doing hours of work that was not needed.
And last time I checked, my indie doesn't do warranty repair.
Pretty confusing.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:52 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

W/o question, that sucks big time. I've racked up over 17k on my '16 since I bought it in May. Only issue is the refrigeration unit for the beer cooler won't fit in the tour pack.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:59 PM
Smokee
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Starting in gear

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Mike,

Aha, maybe this is why sometimes it'll start in gear and other times not..and its really hard to find neutral, especially when the group is ready to leave and I'm still sitting

FYI y'all....When the Tri Glide is in gear, the clutch must be pulled in, AND the brake (either one) has to be applied or it won't crank.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Packers-FLSTC
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How do you keep the trunk lid from popping open as you ride. My 2014 Tri-Glide lid opens even after I give it an extra tug to make sure it is secure. Any ideas to keep it closed?

How do I learn how to use this blog. I am new to them and they make no sense. I worked 2 hours to get this far.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Pappy51
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Packers-FLSTC
How do you keep the trunk lid from popping open as you ride. My 2014 Tri-Glide lid opens even after I give it an extra tug to make sure it is secure. Any ideas to keep it closed?

How do I learn how to use this blog. I am new to them and they make no sense. I worked 2 hours to get this far.

Mine popped open a couple times so I make sure to lock it and have no problems since.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:59 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

Don't slam it shut, the box is pretty tight and the air caught inside prevents the door latch from catching fully. Just close it until nearly shut, then firmly push it the rest of the way until you hear the 'click' of the latch. Once a lot of people started doing that, the problem seems to go away. If that doesn't work, it's out of adjustment.

This isn't a blog, it's in a pretty much standard forum format, if that makes any difference. Put your mouse pointer over the Forums button on the upper left of any page and a list comes down; slide down to Harley Davidson Motorcycles line and a list of models pops up just to the right. Slide over to that column and down to the Tri Glide and Freewheelers choice, you probably have to scroll down a bit to see it on the bottom of the popup, and click, it takes you directly to this forum section.

Once you find the Tri Glide page, make a bookmark so you can come back easily. Use the Advanced Search option to find things around here. Tons of info and some great folks that are a lot of help. Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues