Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 04:08 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Cabin Fever and it is just the first of December! You checked out the Water Cooled 2014 Tri's yet. I'm betting HD under engineered "again" and letting the owners do the beta testing after the sale!

I am hearing leaks and burps, mostly during break in "they run a little hotter", bet there will be larger radiators in the offering from the aftermarkets. Looking at the system Diagram I can't see an overflow canister but have not seen one at the dealer yet. High performance water pump, you know it's coming...lol.. I would still recommend the cool down mods we did pre 2014, that new cooling system should not have to work so hard if you cooled the engine down as we had to.
I haven't seen one up close and personal yet, I'm going to make it a point to ride a 2 wheel shower head to see what its like. If I can find a trike to ride I'll do that also, I have to see if they are cooler and more powerful. Looking at dyno charts they show more power but nothing earth shattering, don't even know if the old butt dyno would even feel it.

You right, give it time and the after market will have cooling system mods and other little gizmo's.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I haven't seen one up close and personal yet, I'm going to make it a point to ride a 2 wheel shower head to see what its like. If I can find a trike to ride I'll do that also, I have to see if they are cooler and more powerful. Looking at dyno charts they show more power but nothing earth shattering, don't even know if the old butt dyno would even feel it.

You right, give it time and the after market will have cooling system mods and other little gizmo's.
When I was over at Street Track & Trail today they had 2 on the showroom floor. One of them had a sold sign on it.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 PM
rotcart
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cb radio

I purchased a 2014 tri glide for delivery April 1. I have been going to the dealership on a almost daily basis while the bike is getting all the toys installed. I had an XM radio installed along with the CB radio. Before Christmas I was there to see how it was going I was taken aside by one of the salesmen and told there was a problem with the CB, there was no PTT switch on the handlebars and the catalogue did not say it was required nor did the dealership know this. We both figured that when you ordered bike it was set up from the factory. On the other hand if you ordered the CB everything would come in the kit. Long story short the dealership ordered the PTT switch and will be installing it at no cost to me.
I was there today and I was told they could not get the infotainment system to see the CB, they installed a CB they knew worked but still nothing. Now they are thinking it might be a software upgrade needed for the radio and they are waiting for word from Harley tech support. I left there saying "well you have to April to figure it out".
I must say the dealership i am dealing with has been top notch with this purchase....

Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XM radio, CB Radio, navigation, PTT switches, cruise control. I remember getting used to thumb screw cc, lol. Never had or needed them back in the day. Still getting used to having a radio and nav. I enjoy having them, it's great. Came with the Trike so I'm going to use them. I certainly don't see the need to add XM, even on a cage. CB, yes I can understand for some but for me...nah, don't need it. Guess I'm just old school, paper maps, the sound of the motor thru the exhaust, no helmets, no hurry. Yes that's the way I like it. This new Trike is awesome! Get you one!

Old 01-04-2014, 05:31 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
XM radio, CB Radio, navigation, PTT switches, cruise control. I remember getting used to thumb screw cc, lol. Never had or needed them back in the day. Still getting used to having a radio and nav. I enjoy having them, it's great. Came with the Trike so I'm going to use them. I certainly don't see the need to add XM, even on a cage. CB, yes I can understand for some but for me...nah, don't need it. Guess I'm just old school, paper maps, the sound of the motor thru the exhaust, no helmets, no hurry. Yes that's the way I like it. This new Trike is awesome! Get you one!
Certainly glad you are happy with your ride.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Uncle Al
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Answer to coolant leak

Gator Harley in Leesburg Fl. Fixed my coolant leek. They replaced the filler tube. Top was not square and allowed blow by. All is well as of beginning of Dec.

Uncle Al

Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 PM
E&E TRI GLIDE
Stage II
Default E&E Tri Glide

hoping the new 2014 will run cooler than my 2013 triglide even after all the changes / pies / mufflers /air filter / and all elec stuff needed to set computer still runs hot not happy with it . I have just got the 1.5 inch fit brackets not on yet hope they do waht i need.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:33 AM
staudy
4th Gear
Default Rear Brake rotors are grooved can they be turned?

Rear Brake rotors are grooved. Last time I just replaced the pads. Can the rotors be turned or do you need to by new ones. With cars you can buy thicker pads.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 AM
sarge205
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just took delivery on a 2014 tri glide and I too have been having some issues with the trunk lock. seems like you have to keep it locked or it sometimes falls open. locking can be a real challenge, i'm going to give a little time to see if it wont just get better with use. I certainly hope so.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:10 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by sarge205
just took delivery on a 2014 tri glide and I too have been having some issues with the trunk lock. seems like you have to keep it locked or it sometimes falls open. locking can be a real challenge, i'm going to give a little time to see if it wont just get better with use. I certainly hope so.
That has been a real issue with the TG in the past. Thought they had resolved that issue. I always peep my trunk locked. Don't want to loose my stuff riding the interstate.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues