Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Vet....there is a thread here on the forum titled "Lean(s) and mean". I think you may be able to find some owners in there that can help you. Maybe one of those guys can give you the name of a dealer than can contact your dealer and tell them how to fix this?

There is also a thread titled "rear ride height" you may want to go check out.

Last edited by 0734; 04-05-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1550vt
Hey Wiz....Hey Old....how ya'll been over the winter?

Many of us know this 11 leaning issue has been out there for a while and many dealers have fixed them from what we read. I guess 1vet is going to have to run the gauntlet and sift through the various forums and posts and find the folks that have gotten this problem corrected at their home dealers.

"Ann" is just another idiot answering the phone with some formulated answer she has been taught to feed everybody.

1vet....other people have had this issue and have had it fixed. The frame is out of alignment and you just have to find a dealer that has the brains, or has made this fix before. I will see if I can locate some specific thread and help put you in touch with some 11 owners that have had it corrected.
Roger: Thanks for asking. I have been doing really good. How did you survive the winter? I can't wait to get riding.
Mike

Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Well....I did the things all us HD owners normally do...tried to fix and upgrade the old girl enough to get me through another summer.

I also reloaded a bunch of ammo and picked up a few more guns. I shoot a lot around here in the woods. We got all kind of varmints, but the most prevalent seem to be house-burglars nowadays. I am so anxious to have one break-in on me. I can't wait to drop one, but I hope he falls back out on the porch and doesn't bleed-out in the house. I live at the boundary of two county lines and either deputy takes 30-45 minutes to get here....if they feel like it. We have a lot of New Orleans and Baton Rouge trash making the rounds in the rural area where I live breaking in folks houses. I am the only one in a 3-mile circle that has not been hit. Maybe it's because I had one of these pieces of trash held at gun-point on my front porch one night just before he "entered" until the law arrived. I told him that if he even flinched I was going to take his head off. He was looking down the barrel of my .357 Smith at the time....and he stood real still. Maybe word got out that "hey....that old man WILL shoot you".

In other words...I been having lots of fun, but now it's time to ride!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by blt3-1vet
I have an 2011 Triglide. My problem is that the body does not sit on the frame correctly. It is off set to the left. I have taken it to 3 different dealers and it's still not fixed. I've even contacted Harley customer service (Ann). Harley's position is that since it's not a safety or handling issue, problem fixed! I'll post pics later. Any ideas before I contact the BBB?
All I can say is wow! That turkey is way off and there is no way on this earth HD should find that acceptable. If it was me I would raise the roof with everyone I can. I'd hit the BBB, the local news, anyone who would listen and I would let HD know I was doing it.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They removed and notched my rear frame per HD tech services. I posted that information on one of the threads along with the reference number from tech services, but do not remember where.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 AM
DiselDevilDog
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Tri-Glide Issues-001.jpg

Tri-Glide Issues-002.jpg

Tri-Glide Issues-003.jpg
Had some foam tape I used on my old race car, you can see by the indentations how it conformed to the harley trunk seal. I also used
fine emery cloth and dressed the lock pins, then used a good oil to
seal them so they wouldn't surface rust...so far the trunk is leak free.
I know Harley should improve their trunk seal but I did it myself.....
hope these pics help ya.
diesel

Old 04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I'm surprised at the amount of the corrosion on the pins. Is there a stainless replacement yet?

Old 04-24-2011, 10:55 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiselDevilDog
Attachment 181577

Attachment 181579

Attachment 181580
Had some foam tape I used on my old race car, you can see by the indentations how it conformed to the harley trunk seal. I also used
fine emery cloth and dressed the lock pins, then used a good oil to
seal them so they wouldn't surface rust...so far the trunk is leak free.
I know Harley should improve their trunk seal but I did it myself.....
hope these pics help ya.
diesel
They did improve their trunk seals. I have the new and improved gasket on mine and there is no leaks. Actually the gasket they are using is the same that Lehman uses on ther conversions. Go figure.

Last edited by oldmsocko; 04-25-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:19 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
They did improve their trunk seals. I have the new and improved gasket on mine and there is no leaks. Actually the gaslet they are using is the same that Lehman uses on ther conversions. Go figure.
+1 No leaks on my 2010 which has the improved gasket and I've been in some rain storms that would scare a duck into taking cover, plus I wash mine quite a bit at home and a carwash when on the road with no leaks.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 AM
DiselDevilDog
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default truck gasket

Thanks for the info, when my foam tape wears out, I'll get the new 2010 seal.....Yea and the pins was from the frigin water leaking before!!!
thanks again...great threads!
Diesel

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues