Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Brian
Yes and i had to pay for the tire!!!!!!
What was the dealers explaination for the cause of the worn tire and bearing replacement?

Old 10-24-2009, 02:06 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Heat ant the problems that surround fixing the heat problem with a Catalytic Converter now in the equation. Won't be able to take full advantage of most mods with that stuffing in the headpipe and even when the 2010 MAPS are developed Harley still won't richen the AFR up enough with the store bought MAPS. Have the problem of ruining the Cat from excess fuel if I do get the mods needed to get a little extra power and cool the trike down.

Waiting for several 2010 owners to post after mods to see which direction seems the best to go! Cat will have to go this winter, but Harley put us in a bad position with the heat problem. I could live with every other little defect the 09's had, still a great first effort and a good Trike. The 2010 presents a tough problem to work around under warranty.
Coupe55 I totally agree with you. The problems that I had with my 09 pail in comparison to the issues with the 2010. My 09 will run circles around Msocko3 2010 and it certainly runs alot cooler. It has its heat issue but not like the 2010. I will also be putting in the 255 cams this winter even though it has more power than the 2010. I like alot of low end grunt. My 06 Ultra spoiled me.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Randy Brian
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE
What was the dealers explaination for the cause of the worn tire and bearing replacement?
They just said the trike is hard on front tire and the ebaring was a counicdense.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:49 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Brian
They just said the trike is hard on front tire and the ebaring was a counicdense.
Sounds like the front axle nut wasnt checked after the trike arrived for proper torque. Causing the front tire to wobble very slightly and wear on the bearing

The sealed bearings in the front end should last 50k plus. The tire sould have lasted 15 to 20k depending on your riding style and no road hazzard issues

I had 15k on the original D402 that came stock on my 08

Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Randy Brian
Intermediate

I get it but it was not worth the 200 bucks for the tire to get into a pissin match. I have already quit going to the dealer I bought it from within the first month after I got it. now I have to drive 50 miles to the one I go to now and the tire is not worth having to go 100 miles to the next one just to have the same old thing there.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 PM
billy de
6th Gear

have had my tri glide for 2700 miles been to the shop 3 times reverse one time, short in the wiring, speedometer and radio the last time.
Heat on a hot day is unbearable. Imagin backing up close to a hot wood stove and then try to keep your pant leg off you skin. Hurts like hell.
It’s going back to the shop tomorrow for lost of power and a bad clanking noise in the running gear somewhere. with cluch in noise can still be heard, clutch in and reve up throttle noise dosen’t change. When I come to a stop it jerks like your putting the E brake on and off. Love my bike but this sucks. Also cant find anyone who can put mufflers on and garentee ir will not be leanand hurt something. No dynos here for a tri glide. Billy De Spanaway Wa. have had my tri glide for 2700 miles been to the shop 3 times reverse one time, short in the wiring, speedometer and radio the last time.
Heat on a hot day is unbearable. Imagin backing up close to a hot wood stove and then try to keep your pant leg off you skin. Hurts like hell.
It’s going back to the shop tomorrow for lost of power and a bad clanking noise in the running gear somewhere. with cluch in noise can still be heard, clutch in and reve up throttle noise dosen’t change. When I come to a stop it jerks like your putting the E brake on and off. Love my bike but this sucks. Also cant find anyone who can put mufflers on and garentee ir will not be leanand hurt something. No dynos here for a tri glide. Billy De Spanaway Wa.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:41 PM
billy de
6th Gear
Default Hard to find neutral

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Anyone else have problems getting their TG in neutral? Twice today on a
200+ ride, dang trike wouldn't start unless in neutral. Had to have someone push me forward and backward and then work the shifter by hand....but neutral light didn't come on, trike started.

Read awhile back that the TG won't start unless in neutral...sometimes mine does, sometimes it doesn't
The clutch cable streches and makes it hard to find after getting it adjusted works good.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:52 PM
billy de
6th Gear
Cool Hard to find neutral

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Anyone else have problems getting their TG in neutral? Twice today on a
200+ ride, dang trike wouldn't start unless in neutral. Had to have someone push me forward and backward and then work the shifter by hand....but neutral light didn't come on, trike started.

Read awhile back that the TG won't start unless in neutral...sometimes mine does, sometimes it doesn't
once clutch is adjusted it should work ok till the cable streches again. Mine lasted about one month.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:06 AM
billy de
6th Gear
Cool Put the sert on it??

Originally Posted by jackfiss
I have a 10 and put the sert on it and have it set for 29% ethanol. It brings the afr down to 13.2 for the most part of the range. Rode it home 20 miles and noticed more power with a lot less heat. Didn't temp the oil but did a basic bug wipe-down in the garage without breaking a sweat. First time that ever happened. Don't know what kind of fuel loss I will have but it will be a fair trade.
Sorry but I don't know what you mean by you put a sert on it and it had more power and ran cooler. I would do anything for a cooler ride with more power.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:12 AM
billy de
6th Gear
Default No More Fried Thighs V-Twin Heat Deflectors.

Originally Posted by ranman469
is that a 09 in the pic?? i asume it will fit all ultra`s. without a trike also

looks nice
Will these fit the Tri glide? and if so what makes them better then the ones harley has on the tri glides? thanks. I looking for any help to get a better cooler ride.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues