Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Who has a Tri-Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:39 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default stainless vs chrome

Originally Posted by msocko3
I never looked at the cost for the chrome ones from the dealer. I have this nasty habit of if I want it I just buy it. I do know there is a night and day difference between the stainless vs the chrome cow bells put them side by side and its very noticeable.
I agree with you on the comparison, if in fact their laid side by side. But the cow bells I have were made in 1993. The quality of workmanship on piece products had more attention to detail, then they do today. Even chrome plating back then wasn't ruled by the EPA. Thus back then, triple plating was the norm. Where as today, it's double plating now. When I finish with my build of my front end. I'll post new pictures. It is then one can see just how nice the polished SS looks. Looking at this picture I cut mirror polished SS for a backing plate for my rear mags. If I didnt allow my reflection in it when I took the photograph. One would think they were just looking through it.

RJ

Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by zoood
Looking at this picture I cut mirror polished SS for a backing plate for my rear mags. If I didnt allow my reflection in it when I took the photograph. One would think they were just looking through it.

RJ
Thats a sweet looking polish job, nice work.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats a sweet looking polish job, nice work.
Yes it's sweet. But I can't take the credit for the polishing job. I purchase the SS that way. The bolt pattern for my mags is metric. I found no one has SS polished backing plates for metric bolt patterns. So I made my own. The quality of this SS is flawless. All the American made SS have tiny, almost unnoticeable mill lines in their surface. Where as this type hasn't. For as much as I try to just purchase USA made materials. This type is crafted in Japan.

For those that may be keeping an eye on my build. Ive added more pictures and will continue to do so.

http://www.rjsoriginals.bizland.com/...ld/93trike.htm

RJ

Old 01-23-2009, 12:47 AM
cubbear42
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rhonda, did you and your husband ever buy a Tri Glide...? We picked ours up 10/24/08 and love it...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cubbear, I believe they ended up with a 09 Ultra Classic.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cubbear42
Rhonda, did you and your husband ever buy a Tri Glide...? We picked ours up 10/24/08 and love it...
Hey! No, we went with a 2009 Ultra Classic that's in our sig pic below. We bought it last Friday. He decided not to get a trike just yet, but boy we sure do like them!! I know you must really be enjoying it. Congrats!!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:22 PM
cubbear42
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply Ironhorse...

Thanks to you too, Rhonda - Know you'll love the Ultra Classic - much of it looks like Joanne's and our Tri Glide... Hope to see you all on the road... Wave - smiling...

Last edited by cubbear42; 01-23-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added a word to correct sentence...
Old 01-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Buddy7394
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 42 Posts
Talking

Tri-Glide for me ?? No, I still have the Original Tri-Glide called a HD Servi-Car
But here's a picture of LT. Fear on his for the Presidential motorcade.

Attached Thumbnails Who has a Tri-Glide?-lieutenantscottfear.jpg  

Last edited by Buddy7394; 01-24-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:16 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The upper covers or "Cow Bells" are going to be replaced with chome ones. For the life of me I don't know why they didn't set this up as a kit. He had to by the lower leggs, the cow bells and the chrome wheel spacers seperate.
Cause if they were sold as a kit, people would get upset that you cant get one of the parts separately. (say if someone had their stock forks chromed, then needed the cowbells)

Old 01-25-2009, 03:15 PM
blueyz0416
Now with God. Love you baby... -Wiz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rhonda, Well,,,, since y'all got an Ultra, maybe he can trike it out when he decides to go that way. My husband just had his Ultra converted and he loves it. Here is a pic. Very different from two-wheels, but he has a Fat Boy to ride when he wants to change it up.

Quick Reply: Who has a Tri-Glide?