Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

U-turn diameter for my RG3 trike

Search this Thread

Old Today | 05:40 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I put 3.89 gallons of low test into the Tri Glide tank today, it had gone 150 miles.

150/3.89=38.56 MPG.

I need a nap.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; Today at 05:51 PM.
Old Today | 05:43 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Goose_NC
That turn can be done tighter. Just crank the throttle to about 4000 RPM, dump the clutch and spin the rear tires and she'll spin right around!!
It will just spin the inside wheel...Or maybe just go in a straight line.

Old Today | 06:23 PM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
Tough crowd. Tends to discourage a guy who took the time to learn something useful, wanting to share it with others who might find it useful too. I did not know that we could u-trun our trikes on a 2-lane road without needing to do a 3-point turn using reverse. A simple u-turn is MUCH faster and also safer. Maybe I should stop trying to do my share of CONTRIBUTING and just CONSUME info from the forum.

Jim G
Most of us have been around a time or two and some of us have been riding since we were 10 years old or so.

A lot of the information you provide we know from years of experience and riding and this stuff comes naturally.

Many of us are old dudes and have a sarcastic slant as we have been bikers most of our lives and not just RUB's with a fat wallet.

Many times in life, you just take the hit, leave it behind and keep moving forward.

Your tests and calculations are interesting to you but may not be interesting to others.

Have fun with it, but understand we may have fun with it also and pick apart anything that may be suspect.

Me, I would like to see some pictures of where you ride and the areas that are of interest to you. Real pictures of historical places or interesting sights are far more fun to me than calculations of turning radius or gas mileage, which I can do naturally. If I have to do a U-Turn I just find a driveway or side access ramp area to turn around.

Here are a couple of pics I took today, made a U-Turn on the highway to go back and take it as the colors were showing nicely in the sunshine.

Last edited by CoolBreeze3646; Today at 06:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
John Harper (Today)
Old Today | 06:58 PM
JimGnitecki
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Or maybe just stop trying to write (on this forum) a thesis on Tri Glides.
After this, for sure.

Jim G

Old Today | 10:07 PM
Soundman5000
Tourer

I learned long ago, if you choose to post on any public forum, sooner or later someone will hurt your feelings, it simply goes with the territory when posting anything public.

Don't believe me? Start a thread and ask what oil is the best for a Harley and see what happens...

I hope you can get over it OP but you can't expect people you don't know on a free public form to always play nice.

I suggest lighten up Buttercup, keep posting what you want and try to enjoy this great forum again...

Last edited by Soundman5000; Today at 10:08 PM.