Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Looking at towing the Tri-Glide

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM
BouseBill
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts

When I borrowed my friends trailer for hauling the trike, I ran a strap through the front wheel and strapped it to the front of the trailer, along with the two front straps, it kept the front wheel from turning.
Now on my new trailer I will mount a chock, I think it's just easier.

The following 2 users liked this post by BouseBill:
Powermankw (Yesterday), ShovelEd (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 45,425 Likes on 11,704 Posts

^^^^^
I have a chock, and still strap through the wheel to the tie-down in front of the chock.

Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM
BouseBill
Road Master

Originally Posted by ShovelEd
^^^^^
I have a chock, and still strap through the wheel to the tie-down in front of the chock.

Probably a good idea, I have plenty of straps

Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Architect
I can't speak for the need with a trike, but with a bike a Condor is a must for me. Biggest reason, I can load and unload by myself. This is a big time saver VS waiting for help that is never when you need it. I can load the bike into the Condor, get off and she will be upright and secure allowing me the time to go around all four corners and ger tied down. Well worth the $250. I also then use the Condor for maintenance and bike cleaning, again on any surface it holds the bike vertically. Great piece of equipment. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion! That's sort of what I thought about loading too. I didn't think about moving it. I have a jack, but a lot of times, I just want my bike upright. Looks like one is going on the list...

Last edited by Powermankw; Yesterday at 12:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Architect (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM
mltdwn
Intermediate
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I posted a picture a few days ago with my trike on my Stinger Trailer. My only complaint with the open trailer was my wheels got rusty after 2000 miles of snow and rain, etc. (the trike got filthy but that cleaned off easily). Part of the wheel rust came off with riding but not all. Haven’t looked into this in any depth yet, but does anyone have any experience or suggestions how to cover a trike’s wheels on an open trailer? I’m towing with a car but would mud flaps help? Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
BouseBill
Road Master

Loaded up the trike, strapped it down and off we went for a very short ride up Quinn Pass between home and Quartzsite Towed very well, but I need to adjust the air pressure in the trailer to match the weight of the trike and trailer. It was a little bouncy at 44 lbs pressure.
The little Maverick in tow haul mode with the 2.0 ecboost engine (250 hp) was more than adequate even going uphill. going uphill it was running 14.7 mpg going down the other side it was running at 18.6 mpg at 65 mph. Maybe 20? on the freeway??
Still need to do the diamond plate guard on the front and the wheel chock, just couldn't wait to take it out LOL

The trike does sit a little higher than I thought it would, so in addition to the diamond plate rock guard...Air Design makes an air spoiler that mounts to the top of the cab by the third brake light....just a though.

Powermankw (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 45,425 Likes on 11,704 Posts

Looks good.
One suggestion:
It appears the right anchor point is strapped to the right tie down loop, and vice versa.
I could be incorrect, hard to tell in the photo.
Cross strap the rear anchor points.
Much more stable. 😉

Last edited by ShovelEd; Yesterday at 03:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
BouseBill
Road Master

Originally Posted by ShovelEd
Looks good.
One suggestion:
It appears the right anchor point is strapped to the right tie down loop, and vice versa.
I could be incorrect, hard to tell in the photo.
Cross strap the rear anchor points.
Much more stable. 😉

The rears are cross strapped for sure.
ahh, I see why you would think that. The ramp blocks the view of the straps,

Last edited by BouseBill; Yesterday at 04:19 PM.
ShovelEd (Yesterday)
Old Today, 08:35 AM
Ytcoinshooter
Club Member
Received 327 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by BouseBill
Loaded up the trike, strapped it down and off we went for a very short ride up Quinn Pass between home and Quartzsite Towed very well, but I need to adjust the air pressure in the trailer to match the weight of the trike and trailer. It was a little bouncy at 44 lbs pressure.
The little Maverick in tow haul mode with the 2.0 ecboost engine (250 hp) was more than adequate even going uphill. going uphill it was running 14.7 mpg going down the other side it was running at 18.6 mpg at 65 mph. Maybe 20? on the freeway??
Still need to do the diamond plate guard on the front and the wheel chock, just couldn't wait to take it out LOL

The trike does sit a little higher than I thought it would, so in addition to the diamond plate rock guard...Air Design makes an air spoiler that mounts to the top of the cab by the third brake light....just a thought.
Nice trailer. How’s the clearance under the trike as is crests where the ramp meets the trailer? No dragging? Some guys I know back up to a small rise then lower the gate and ride the trike on to avoid scraping. Your trailer looks like might be no problem riding it on.

Old Today, 09:02 AM
BouseBill
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ytcoinshooter
Nice trailer. How’s the clearance under the trike as is crests where the ramp meets the trailer? No dragging? Some guys I know back up to a small rise then lower the gate and ride the trike on to avoid scraping. Your trailer looks like might be no problem riding it on.
No scraping at the crest of the ramp and trailer bed, but I do have to use extensions under the rear wheels or the pipes drag on the ground, or do as you suggest and use a small rise which is close to the house.

Quick Reply: Looking at towing the Tri-Glide