Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Looking at towing the Tri-Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2024, 05:27 PM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 45,424 Likes on 11,704 Posts

You can have 550 dually and still have the trailer wag the dog. 😉

Old 09-25-2024, 05:40 PM
BouseBill
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by mltdwn
Stinger fold up trailer. Towed from Chicago through Colorado and down to Tucson last January. Snow, rain, wind, etc. Did fine.

We were looking at the Stinger, but when our son found the Bear Track, which is basically new, I saved $1200, Granted, it'll take some work to make it "perfect" rock guard on the front, and a front wheel chock. But we'll get there. Still gotta pay sales tax and license fees to AZ for the new Maverick

The following users liked this post:
ShovelEd (09-25-2024)
Old 09-26-2024, 09:52 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,226 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Right, all the normal stuff still applies. I have a F-250 SD. It's enough. But the travel trailer, be it bumper or 5th wheel is a bit off. I like the idea but they are pretty outrageous these days. So I'm on the fence of a travel trailer or trailer. I want to keep it small, but something big enough for both bikes will probably be 35+. So IDK. For what RVs go for these days, that buys a lot of accommodations. It's a retirement thing though, so options...
Yeah, you gotta spend a lot of days on the road for a Toyhauler to make financial sense.

You do save $, Not only accommodations, but also on meals, time & more.

We spend about 3 months a year on the road. Here's a video we did, where we went thru the process.

Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-26-2024, 12:08 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Yeah, you gotta spend a lot of days on the road for a Toyhauler to make financial sense.

You do save $, Not only accommodations, but also on meals, time & more.

We spend about 3 months a year on the road. Here's a video we did, where we went thru the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5k0rxaC_dU

Kevin
Great video Kevin. Lots of great points. Ya, retirement is a couple years, everything will be paid off. We want a trailer and go travel around the country and hang out 3-4 months out of the year. Just national parks alone is a ton. But we will see. That's costs a lot if you are buying rooms.

So one thing to sort of get back to the topic... Any trailer, if you are just hauling one of something... Or even two... Are wheel chock required. Definitely helpful, useful, but do you have to use one? I get that strap placement matters if not using one. You still have to keep it stable upright.

I already told my friend I would need to attach a chock which he didn't care about. I'm just asking because if I'm hauling a bike and trike, it matter for placement.

Last edited by Powermankw; 09-26-2024 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:36 PM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 45,424 Likes on 11,704 Posts

Personally, I use a chock for the trike when trailering.
YMMV
Mine is set up for one trike, or Two bikes

Old 09-26-2024, 01:18 PM
Powermankw
Tourer

Originally Posted by ShovelEd
Personally, I use a chock for the trike when trailering.
YMMV
Mine is set up for one trike, or Two bikes

Nice. Makes sense.

Old 09-26-2024, 02:01 PM
MikeRG3
Cruiser
Veteran: Navy
Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
Default State, Federal Parks

Before you pull a trailer into a park. Do yourself a favor and go online and check out the park rules on Trailer Lengths.

Its not fun to be told your to long to enter the park.

Mike

Last edited by MikeRG3; 09-26-2024 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 09-26-2024, 09:55 PM
Powermankw
Tourer

Originally Posted by MikeRG3
Before you pull a trailer into a park. Do yourself a favor and go online and check out the park rules on Trailer Lengths.

Its not fun to be told your to long to enter the park.

Mike
Thanks Mike... Yes, that's the while point. I want to travel I don't need a mansion. 30ft for national parks. Just because it's easier, not so heavy... Blah blah, I want to stay under 30ft. But stuffing both in a 30ft'er might be a trick.

MikeRG3 (09-26-2024)
Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM
HD_noobie
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 292 Posts

I seen a guy yesterday towing a trike with the front wheel up on the back somehow and the rear tires on the ground.
Not sure if that's cool.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,440 Likes on 2,773 Posts

So one thing to sort of get back to the topic... Any trailer, if you are just hauling one of something... Or even two... Are wheel chock required. Definitely helpful, useful, but do you have to use one? I get that strap placement matters if not using one. You still have to keep it stable upright.

I already told my friend I would need to attach a chock which he didn't care about. I'm just asking because if I'm hauling a bike and trike, it matter for placement.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the need with a trike, but with a bike a Condor is a must for me. Biggest reason, I can load and unload by myself. This is a big time saver VS waiting for help that is never when you need it. I can load the bike into the Condor, get off and she will be upright and secure allowing me the time to go around all four corners and ger tied down. Well worth the $250. I also then use the Condor for maintenance and bike cleaning, again on any surface it holds the bike vertically. Great piece of equipment. Good luck.

Powermankw (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Looking at towing the Tri-Glide