Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Cooling for FW RIDER, not passenger

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024 | 02:10 PM
joebedford
|
Cruiser

I made a mistake in my original post. It's not her thigh that's burning, it's her right calf just below and behind the knee. She actually has a burn mark on her calf despite it being 4 days since she last rode.

Old 06-19-2024 | 03:59 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by joebedford
I don't understand how the CoolFlow pushes air to the right. Seems like fans that mount on the horn would, but the Coolflow would seem to direct air down and to the rear.
That is what they do. down and away.

Old 06-19-2024 | 04:15 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior

Another plus. For the Capt, but maybe wife should look at some tall, calf high boots?

Old 06-19-2024 | 04:51 PM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I just ordered DK’s Rider & Passenger Floorboard spacer/extenders. 😉
For both felt heat reduction, and leg room.

Last edited by ShovelEd; 06-19-2024 at 04:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ShovelEd:
Dfriz (06-19-2024), DK Custom (06-21-2024), Noodles107 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:21 PM
June22
3rd Gear

I have a '20 Tri Glide and the LRS. The Coolflow Fan and Jims Fan is installed on the Tri Glide. Both really do help with the heat. The Coolflow Fan sucks heat from the cylinders and blows it to the ground. Jims fan also cools the cylinder down. Both have an off/on/auto setting. I just rely on EITMS for the LRS. I was thinking about wrapping the pipes on the LRS. DK customs has a titanium wrap with fibers. I'm just not sure if it will be crazy itchy working with the wrap? Now that it's 65 during the day think I'll just re-evaluate it next season. I'm not too keen on the look of the Love Jugs. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Old Yesterday | 07:14 PM
pappy42
Cruiser
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by June22
I have a '20 Tri Glide and the LRS. The Coolflow Fan and Jims Fan is installed on the Tri Glide. Both really do help with the heat. The Coolflow Fan sucks heat from the cylinders and blows it to the ground. Jims fan also cools the cylinder down. Both have an off/on/auto setting. I just rely on EITMS for the LRS. I was thinking about wrapping the pipes on the LRS. DK customs has a titanium wrap with fibers. I'm just not sure if it will be crazy itchy working with the wrap? Now that it's 65 during the day think I'll just re-evaluate it next season. I'm not too keen on the look of the Love Jugs. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Lot’s of folks say to remove the catalytic converter.

Old Today | 06:46 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

I have the Mighty Mites and the Coolflow HD fan (flashed). My DRIVER heat issue is my LOWER LET, calf area. Have removed Cat and installed DE shields on pipes inside the shields but still my right calf gets damn hot. Also have cooling deflector wings, tank lift, and floorboard extenders.

Wife as passenger has no problem with heat, it’s all up front in my case.

Don’t know what more I can do. Any suggestions are welcome.

Old Today | 07:51 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Good point. I wondered if the OP had installed these floorboard extensions?

Old Today | 11:02 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by June22
Sounds like you are well on your way to getting the heat cut down!

The Titanium Exhaust Wrap is very effective at cutting down the heat radiating from the exhaust. It is not the typical exhaust wrap that needs to be wetted or coated. It is a very tight weave, And very flexible, we have never had an issue with it shedding fibers and getting itchy.

Here's a video about it that you may find interesting-

Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old Today | 11:06 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by TOHOG
I have the Mighty Mites and the Coolflow HD fan (flashed). My DRIVER heat issue is my LOWER LET, calf area. Have removed Cat and installed DE shields on pipes inside the shields but still my right calf gets damn hot. Also have cooling deflector wings, tank lift, and floorboard extenders.

Wife as passenger has no problem with heat, it’s all up front in my case.

Don’t know what more I can do. Any suggestions are welcome.
Is it both calves getting really hot?

Kevin