Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Heat Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 03:56 PM
chipperjo61
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat Deflectors

2016 Harley Freewheeler.
On the right side the heat gets so bad on my thigh that a friend told my husband to get heat deflectors, it helped some what but in the heat, I cannot go on long runs, any advise?

Old 01-29-2018, 06:10 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 416 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by chipperjo61
2016 Harley Freewheeler.
On the right side the heat gets so bad on my thigh that a friend told my husband to get heat deflectors, it helped some what but in the heat, I cannot go on long runs, any advise?
See the reports and options from DK Customs. Kevin has done a lot of work and rides a TG himself. He and Mary have done several long trips.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom - ST (01-31-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 06:15 AM
fishnpo
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

new or different free flowing exhaust will solve that problem. tried a de catted stock head pipe first, wow what a difference. now that's for sale, because i found a great deal on Vance & Hines true dual headers. even went back witb tbe stock slip-ons and i think it sound great.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:59 PM
hambone51
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with a Stage 1 kit, Cobra head pipes, no cat and Screaming Eagle slip on mufflers and temp difference is much better. Expensive..........oh yeah! Guess chalk it up as part of "The Harley Tax" an owner must pay to become "part of the family" and to make there bike run better than stock. After market heat deflectors help greatly too.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:47 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Try adding the floor board extenders from DK Products. They do help with the heat issue and are not very expensive.

Also check out the Captain Itch heat deflectors. I have heard good things about them.

DK Custom - ST (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 11:21 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Here's a REPORT LINK on cooling down your ride. Full of lots of very good info that will help you in making your ride more comfortable while increasing engine longevity and giving you more power and better miles per gallon.

As previously stated, Kevin, (the K in "DK"), and his wife Mary have a Triglide and in that report you'll see many of the ways he cools his own Triglide.

Also, again as previously stated, you could look at some floorboard extensions like these-

They extend the floorboard outward, away from the exhaust pipes and engine, giving you more room to get your legs away from the heat. Once you ride with them, you'll be surprised how cramped you feel on bikes with OEM placement floorboards.

Here is a LINK to those.

Hope this helps.

Cristy

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 01-31-2018, 03:24 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 416 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
Here's a REPORT LINK on cooling down your ride. Full of lots of very good info that will help you in making your ride more comfortable while increasing engine longevity and giving you more power and better miles per gallon.

As previously stated, Kevin, (the K in "DK"), and his wife Mary have a Triglide and in that report you'll see many of the ways he cools his own Triglide.

Also, again as previously stated, you could look at some floorboard extensions like these-

They extend the floorboard outward, away from the exhaust pipes and engine, giving you more room to get your legs away from the heat. Once you ride with them, you'll be surprised how cramped you feel on bikes with OEM placement floorboards.

Here is a LINK to those.

Hope this helps.

Cristy
It has been too cool since I put my extensions on to tell much about the heat, but I am amazed how much more relaxed the foot placement is.

DK Custom - ST (02-01-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 03:30 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Give us a look our crotch coolers work ..http://shop.captain-itch.com/Harley-...hields_c58.htm If you have any questions please give us a call .. Thank you Itch ..

Old 02-01-2018, 10:56 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by 5wheels
It has been too cool since I put my extensions on to tell much about the heat, but I am amazed how much more relaxed the foot placement is.
Cool! Glad you're liking the feel of 'em!

Hope to hear how much cooler your legs are when the heat returns.

Ride safe!

Cristy

5wheels (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 12:23 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Another thing that's supposed to help is the tank lift. Raising the tank a little should get more air to the top of the engine, cooling it off better, so it's not so hot at the back.

DK Custom - ST (02-01-2018)

Quick Reply: Heat Deflectors