Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Hot tri glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 09:54 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,886 Likes on 11,607 Posts

Ian addition to my:
- cat less headers
- Wards parts werks fans
- Jagg 10 row oil cooler with fan...
- highway pegs

A big improvement for my wife was the HD extended floor board risers. Got her feet much higher from the exhaust.

The following users liked this post:
Fozworth (06-19-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Ian addition to my:
- cat less headers
- Wards parts werks fans
- highway pegs

A big improvement for my wife was the HD extended floor board risers. Got her feet much higher from the exhaust.

I adjusted mine up (passenger floor boards) as far as I could bride has no complaints. ride safely fearless

Fozworth (06-19-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 02:57 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
Back on topic; has anybody used exhaust wrap on the pipes under the shields? Seems like that would help. A single-overlap on each of the individual pipes, and three or four layers on the cat seems like it should do a lot, but I've never used it before. It looks like it should fit.

At twenty-five dollars, it seems like it would be a big bang for the buck.

Fearless, didn't you try that?
You can end up keeping too much heat contained and that isn't a good thing either. Both Fuel Moto and S&S will back me on that.

Old 06-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Fozworth
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Ian addition to my:
- cat less headers
- Wards parts werks fans
- highway pegs

I ordered the adjustable risers Kevin recommended this week-end.

Eventually I will use everything he listed except for the items my dealer warranty will reject.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:26 PM
Fozworth
Cruiser

Tried out the new risers today with very good results! A hotter day will tell us the real story since it was around 90 degrees.

I found a dealer close to me with a dyno that will work with trikes. I was told that if I buy any exhaust and stage 1 air breather parts from them or anyone else they will install and tune the trike for me.

Problem, they said the warranty would only be good from then on if I continue to do business with them since my dealer will probably drop me. I'm not so good with that because this new shop I've located is up for sale.

If I just want them to put the trike on their dyno I would first buy a screaming eagle tuner (for the license), use it, then dyno it. hmmmm

I'm getting lost. I'm jammen without understanden.

Anyone own their own screaming eagle tuner?

Old 06-25-2016, 05:06 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Fozworth
Tried out the new risers today with very good results! A hotter day will tell us the real story since it was around 90 degrees.

I found a dealer close to me with a dyno that will work with trikes. I was told that if I buy any exhaust and stage 1 air breather parts from them or anyone else they will install and tune the trike for me.

Problem, they said the warranty would only be good from then on if I continue to do business with them since my dealer will probably drop me. I'm not so good with that because this new shop I've located is up for sale.

If I just want them to put the trike on their dyno I would first buy a screaming eagle tuner (for the license), use it, then dyno it. hmmmm

I'm getting lost. I'm jammen without understanden.

Anyone own their own screaming eagle tuner?
If you are looking to maintain your warranty, you don't want to use the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner, the TTS, the Powervision, the PCV, FP3 etc. All can and will void the power train warranty if the servicing dealer detects it has been tuned with one of these devices, and elects to contact Harley Davidson to report it. HD will the put a flag on your powertrain warranty.

If a dealer says they will warranty it, that's all good if you don't travel. A dealer 1,000 miles from home may not perform a warranty repair if they find it has been tuned with one of those devices.

Fozworth (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Fozworth
Cruiser

Originally Posted by msocko3
If you are looking to maintain your warranty, you don't want to use the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner, the TTS, the Powervision, the PCV, FP3 etc. All can and will void the power train warranty if the servicing dealer detects it has been tuned with one of these devices, and elects to contact Harley Davidson to report it. HD will the put a flag on your powertrain warranty.

If a dealer says they will warranty it, that's all good if you don't travel. A dealer 1,000 miles from home may not perform a warranty repair if they find it has been tuned with one of those devices.
I REALLY appreciate you sharing what you know about this stuff!! I can't make sense out of whats going on with my trike or who can be trusted to help without conflict of interest.

Your comments are very clear, to the point and loaded with facts.

Thanks again,

Brian

Old 06-25-2016, 06:11 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,628 Posts

one wrap of exhaust header wrap will knock quite a bit of heat off of the bike and shouldn't hurt anything.

Fearless (old nickname) (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
one wrap of exhaust header wrap will knock quite a bit of heat off of the bike and shouldn't hurt anything.

I wrapped mine with DEI Titanium soft and pliable really seemed to help. fearless

Old 06-25-2016, 11:29 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

I looked at a couple of manufacturer's websites for wrap; basically a single layer with 1/4" overlap, no more, seems like it would work.A lot of heat would still get out, but it would knock it down some where applied. Like the rear cylinder down pipe and the cat only, the rest open.

And I talked to my wife about when she notices the heat; definitely only when the wind is from the left, and it's hot up by her calf, not by her feet, right behind he bottom of the mid frame deflector, where all the heat that goes up under the tank comes back out.. She just moved her foot out a bit on the foot rest. No problems any other time.

Quick Reply: Hot tri glide