Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Best Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015 | 12:42 PM
amkrat
|
6th Gear
Default Best Touring Seat

I searched the keyword "Seats" but couldn't find the help I was seeking. The stock seat on my '15 TG is comfortable for about the first 200 miles. After that things go downhill from there. I demo-ed the H-D Road Zepplin seat, and will probably end up with one when they are available. Latest word is that it will now be at least August 21st before they are available. What I don't like is the $739.95 price tag plus the need for a wiring pigtail for the compressor. Are there any long distance riders (and passengers) out there who absolutely love their aftermarket seats which cost something less than the Zepplin? I've looked on-line at Mustang, Saddlemen, and Corbin seats. They all look good from their pictures, but how do they feel after a 400-500 mile day?

Old 08-10-2015 | 12:52 PM
fmgsr
Road Master

Try a Harley Hammock.

Old 08-10-2015 | 01:36 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

While I now use a Zeplin (bought used); I have always had good success with Mustang. I did have a Corbin (also used) 0n my 2010 tri and liked it a lot.

Old 08-10-2015 | 07:12 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Did you check e bay?

Old 08-11-2015 | 11:41 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior

Well I guess it comes down to budget. If you want THE best (IMHO of course), I would say the Russell Day Long is the best. Never hear a bad thing about this seat and a lot of Iron Butt riders swear by it. It is pricey, but it is totally worth it..imho of course

https://www.day-long.com/

Rax

PS- Not affiliated with them just love their product and sharing what I know. This is prolly the one item I really let others know about

Old 08-11-2015 | 02:50 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Raxus
Well I guess it comes down to budget. If you want THE best (IMHO of course), I would say the Russell Day Long is the best. Never hear a bad thing about this seat and a lot of Iron Butt riders swear by it. It is pricey, but it is totally worth it..imho of course

https://www.day-long.com/

Rax

PS- Not affiliated with them just love their product and sharing what I know. This is prolly the one item I really let others know about
I couldn't agree more, the Day Long I had done for my 2012 Hannigan wing is very comfortable. Last year my dad and I ended up with a 860 mile day coming back from SD, I could have kept right on riding.

Old 08-11-2015 | 03:01 PM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member

had a mustang on my 2000 UC and when I got the 2012 limited found a RZ on ebay...best buy I've made..went to rapid city july 5 and was gone for a week. comfortable ride.

Old 08-11-2015 | 03:13 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain

My vote is for Road Zeppelin but everyone has a different ***. I can ride 14 hr or more with short bathroom breaks and never have sore ***. May be sore in the knees but not my ***. Worth every penny I paid for it, and plug and play on my 2013. Just plugged it into accessory harness. I am not sure how that is on later models since they have no accessory switch.

Old 08-12-2015 | 06:18 AM
Lilman
Road Captain

Fusionfool is correct, everyone has a different ***. I made the dealer throw in a Road Zeppelin when I bought my trike as I have 3 friends that swear by them. After a year of riding and adding a sheepskin cover, I still can't get it adjusted to the comfort level I had with a Mustang wide touring seat on my Ultra.

Over the winter I'm going to take a serious look at Day-Long. Damn, you can tie up some money in seats for these things before finding the right one!

Old 08-12-2015 | 10:39 AM
amkrat
|
6th Gear

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've been to the Russell Day-Long web site and am impressed with the length they go to to make sure both the rider and passenger have a comfortable seat. Looks like I'd have to give up my seat for a couple of weeks since they use your seat pan to build the new seat. Might be a good winter-time project.

Last edited by amkrat; 08-13-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Touring Seat